Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 253 total)
  • losing a belly!
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I reckon she is Molly… EAT HER!

Keva
    Free Member

can we ban these threads till all posters have a pic of their 6pk/gunt next to their userid, so we can all judge their ‘suggestions’

what’s the point in that, everybody is different aren’t they. Genetics plays a huge part.

I’ve always been able to see my stomach muscles. I drank about seven pints of ale on saturday follwed by several large gins and a plate of scampi and chips halfway through the day. Oh and I had bacon rolls before going out, and museli for breakfast that morning. The following day I had a full roast dinner and a chicken jalfrezi +side dishes from a curry house in town. I weigh 9 stone.

Kev

tails
    Free Member

Can anyone email me the idave diet as I deleted mine but want to send it to some friends

Ands43 @ hotmail .com

tracknicko
    Free Member

seriously just ride more. ride so that every day you are either knackered having just ridden, or having a day off cos you are knackered from the day before.

ride hard every other day and you can eat whatever the **** you want. also it helps for insomnia, and riding faster.

IMO/IME IAHC

Solo
    Free Member

stop using mirrors

Yeah, mirrors can be so cruel.
    I hate them too.

OP:
    http://www.ffflow.com/details.html

molgrips
    Free Member

ride hard every other day and you can eat whatever the **** you want

I can testify that that isn’t true for everyone.

You lot all need to realise that what works for you won’t necessarily work for everyone else.

jota180
    Free Member

You’ve got to believe in the magic or it won’t come true 😀

Solo
    Free Member

I can testify that that isn’t true for everyone.

You lot all need to realise that what works for you won’t necessarily work for everyone else

This is very true in the context that our bodies, while all functioning in a similar manner.
    Will respond to x, y, z, with noticeable degrees of variation in results.
    So therefore, to realize a common result, you may need to do things to greater or lesser degrees than others do.
    Things that you have noticed your body and your lifestyle responds to best.

Dont let this detract from the science, as it is explanied to us, at this point in time.

While Legspin points out the obvious about more than one way to achieve your goal (weight loss).
    I have encountered very few people who seek to lose weight the most difficult way possible.
    I believe most people want to achieve their goal as easily as possible.

🙂

zilog6128

seriously just ride more. ride so that every day you are either knackered having just ridden, or having a day off cos you are knackered from the day before.

ride hard every other day and you can eat whatever the **** you want. also it helps for insomnia, and riding faster.
    IME weight loss/maintenance is 90% down to diet. Obviously exercise plays an important part but if you are doing it in order to burn off thousands of calories then a) you are making life much harder than you need to and b) you are at serious risk of overtraining. If you enjoy it then fair play but if you DO get injured or can’t ride for any reason then you will probably find that you blow up like a balloon!

oldgit
    Free Member

Learn to live with it, my fat guts been with me for ages now. I just can’t eat less than I do now.
    The rest of me is very thin, my veins are visible and sticky outy on my legs and arms. You can also see my ribs down my sides.
    But my belly is mahoosive.
    Visible to the world via issue 73 STW

Me far left in green warmers, you can see the swallowed football pushing out my gilet zip

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

you are at serious risk of overtraining

😆 This is a bigger misconception than all the diet guff that’s spouted on here.

jota180
    Free Member

Solo
    Free Member

This is a bigger misconception than all the diet guff that’s spouted on here.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Solo, why?

Have I hurt your delicate feelings? 😆

How many people do you know that are suffering from over-training?

Solo
    Free Member

OldGit.

Someone needed to tell that chap in the centre of that group picture, to, errr, smile
    🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Thing is I’m not actually overweight (according to my BMI i’m just Ok)

A recent study found that a large number of people who were normal by BMI were actually obese by body fat percentage.

Solo
    Free Member

😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

please provide clinical evidence that you are not suffering

Well that’s not going to happen now is it.

I can provide anecdotal evidence that I’m never ill. That I’m mentally very sound and free from any sort of depression.

I also don’t have any SSF 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

In the zone dude in the zone.

Solo
    Free Member

In the zone dude in the zone.

Ah, Ok.
    nuff said.
    😆

donsimon
    Free Member

Is anyone going to suggest liposuction? Worked for me, I’m on the eating phase right now and when I get to 20 stone I’ll be off to the docs. Bish bash bosh, summer beach body… 😀

justatheory
    Free Member

400 situps/day

He wants to lose the belly.

molgrips
    Free Member

How many people do you know that are suffering from over-training?

I over did it in 2009, badly. Took 18 months or so to recover.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Compulsively masturbate 10 times a day, that should burn some fat.

tazzymtb

just be happy with being a chubster, being at peace and happy with yourself is far more attractive(and better for your long term well being) than being a neurotic gym bunny.

bwaarp
    Free Member

just be happy with being a chubster, being at peace and happy with yourself is far more attractive(and better for your long term well being) than being a neurotic gym bunny.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_HAXan1wSQ[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Is anyone advocating that?

Compulsively masturbate 10 times a day, that should burn some fat.

Again I can assure you that does not work for everyone.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Tried and failed molgrips? :mrgreen:

tazzymtb

Is anyone advocating that?

pretty everyone on the tread really mr grips

that bicep toting yeti particularly 😀

whereas I’m fat and neurotic so I’m sorted 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I over did it in 2009, badly. Took 18 months or so to recover.

How much were you doing? How long did you take building up to that level? What actually happened?

Tazzy – I’m definitely advocating being happy with yourself, no matter how big you are, what you choose to do for fun and what you look like. Diet in particular should never be a punishment, food is way too nice.

tazzymtb

I know TSY I’m only teasing XX 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oooh you cheeky scoundrel… come here and rub my imaginary 6-pack.

sparkyrhino

Corset, it’s good enough for shatner.

tazzymtb

Oooh you cheeky scoundrel… come here and rub my imaginary 6-pack.

*flutters eyelashes, makes sure legs are shaved and hoicks beer belly into sexytime compression pants*

I’m all yours big boy

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I just managed to get 5 of my 10 a day after reading that… cheers Taz.

tazzymtb

😆 silly sod, you are awful…..but i like you

stevewhyte
    Free Member

You could easily burn 6000 cal a week without overtraining. As long as you eat sensibly that is a fair bit to consume.

Easy once you are lean and fit, not so when you are 5 stone over weight. The only real way is cutting what you eat.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Corset, it’s good enough for shatner.

Of corset is.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

it’s not how many calories you eat that’s the issue, it’s where they come from

*cough* bollox *cough*

This:

Calories in < calories out = weight loss

If I eat 2000 calories per day and I use 2400 calories per day for say 6 months what will happen to my weight?

jota180
    Free Member

If I eat 2000 calories per day and I use 2400 calories per day for say 6 months what will happen to my weight?

I reckon a 20lb – or thereabouts – weight loss would be in order

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘losing a belly!’ is closed to new replies.