Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Long travel droppers with external routing?
  • gaidong
    Free Member

Hello all,

I’ve have had a Magura Vyron seatpost since 2017. I’ve been pretty happy with it, slowish reaction speed aside, but I am getting lateral play in the seatpost (like you can spin it 360° with some force) and my remote seems to have died (no, it doesn’t need a new battery). I’m not a fan of batteries on bikes so back to mechanical for me BUT I want to swap easily between 3-4 bikes, and I’d like to up the travel to 170-175, or more.
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, can you tell me of any 170+ mm travel externally-routed droppers other than: Fox Transfer (€€€s), KS Lev (€€s) or Brand X (€s but out of stock). I’ve had a Brand X before and it was ok. I’m not interested in connecting/disconnecting hydraulic hoses – just cut off zip ties, undo bar clamp, and swaparoo!

Thanks in advance for any tips,
    Gaidong

neilc
    Free Member

Pacific North West Cascade.

Been running one for a little while on a frame that pre dates internal routing. Seems ok so far but too early to tell what the longevity will be like

tomhoward

Expensive, but the AXS reverb does everything the Vyron did, just without the delays. Make the money back from not having to zip tie a cable to your frame.

gaidong
    Free Member

@Neil, thanks very much, never heard of them!

@Tom
    , I admit, I had forgotten about AXS but, even ziptie economies in mind, I just can’t bring myself to spend that much on uppydownyness 😀

mudmonster
    Free Member

Vecnum Moveloc

gaidong
    Free Member

@Mudmonster, we have a winner for 200 mm drop but €€€. Tempted though, thanks.

gaidong
    Free Member

Vyron remote is going again after multimeter test and terminal scratching. Post still twisting but I’ll live with it for now. Brand X probably the eventual replacement as I’m all booked out and dumping all spare cash on watches now – they take less space!

tdog
    Free Member

Deffo the PNW Mated to a PNW LOAM LEVER – trust in Tdog

big_scot_nanny

would you consider drilling a hole in the seat post for stealth routing? I have done this on previous bike and it caused no issues.

ta11pau1

He wants externally routed so it can be swapped between bikes easily.

The only options for quick and easy swapping is external routing or electronic.

big_scot_nanny

Ah, missed that TP.

However… I have found the brand x/PNW/whoever-else-sells-it/command post dropper to be a piece of piss to shift between bikes.

Pull it out, unclip the wee barrel thingy at base of post. Move to other frame, connect wee barrel thingy, insert post, off you go.

just a thought!

Also, possible to buy enough Brand X posts for all your bikes for the cost of 1 reverb AXS.

I’m likely way off base, but thats what we actually do in our family for swapping between frames, and bikes between kids/adults/teens of various heights (using posts from 210 to 100mm in drop, all 30.9 posts, but with shims in 2 of the 31.6 frames)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Long travel droppers with external routing?’ is closed to new replies.