Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • London Bike Shops
  • tails
    Free Member

hi I’ll be traveling to london on saturday for a mates party in brixton, i’ll be traveling into Kings Cross and want to buy some brakes and a chainring, is the cycle surgery round the corner any good or perhaps the waterloo branch of evans?

aP
    Free Member

Why not try Brixton Cycles?

Jezkidd
    Free Member

If you’re going into Kings Cross then (although it won’t be of much help for MTB stuff – although haven’t been in since the recent extention an refit) a quick wander up Greys Inn Road to Condor Cycles would be fun – from there you can turn right and wander up High Holborn to the big cycle surgery

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hairychested
    Free Member

Cycle Surgery in Camden?

MrTall
    Free Member

There are two Evan’s within 250 yards of each other in Waterloo (one opposite the station and one on The Cut) which are both pretty good shops to have a browse around. No experience of that Cycle surgery but they always seem to be good shops also.

Would it not be cheaper to buy what you want online? Evans are not cheap even with the LCC 10% discount.

MrTall
    Free Member

I used to use Brixton cycles though, and can highly recommend them. It’s a co-op so they always give a good service. It’s also right next door to a skate park which is fun to watch and whizz around on early morning commutes like i used to. 🙂

tails
    Free Member

Thanks guys i think i shall be able to take in a few of these, it’s always odd looking on maps and thinking how often i’ve been just round the corner and not known these shops were there.

MrTall well I’m traveling into london anyway and am prepared to pay a little extra, obviously I’m not gonna do myself out of any more than a pony.

brakes
    Free Member

the Kings X Cycle Surgery on Pentonville Rd is geared (!) towards commuters
    the Condor shop is a bit of a treasure-trove

geetee1972
    Free Member

Wern’t the Evans Cycles at Waterloo the original family run shops?

ononeorange

The best Cycle Surgery in London in my opinion is the Strype Street one – more mtb-orientated. But it’s off your route, it’s near Liverpool St station. depends how much time you’ve got, I suppose.

andym
    Free Member

Is Condor open on a Saturday? Might be worth a call to check.

withersea
    Free Member

sorry minor hijack – mr Tall could you sned me some info about the xtr v’s cheers

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

You’ll be able to get what you need in the cyclesurgery kings cross.

they’ve got a sale on at the moment too….

(CycleSurgery employee, so a bit biased – let me know what you need and I’ll check for you james dot robertson at cyclesurgery dot com)

Mod – is this allowed? Apologies if not, promise not to do it again – I ‘m just trying to help!

Jimbo

pmoran79
    Free Member

Dont forget Cyclesurgery will price match things if they can. I got them to price match some Altura Aack 3/4’s which was great.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Condor is open Saturdays I think. Brixton Cycles is ace though. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘London Bike Shops’ is closed to new replies.