• This topic has 25 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by chip.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • London beheading
  • Pook

Yesterday there was the London beheading
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29074272,
    today a man wielding a knife shot dead having broken into someone’s house
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29074100

the other day the mother of five stabbed to death in the New forest…

what is going on??

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

what is going on??

A statistical outlier is what’s going on.

peterfile
    Free Member

footflaps

I reckon it’s the second coming of our saviour Tony Blair….

yunki
    Free Member

Will the victim be encouraged to investigate the crime?

samuri
    Free Member
    Tom_W1987
    Free Member

A statistical outlier is what’s going on.

Unfortunately not.
    http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/09/are-beheadings-terrorism-palmira-silva-was-third-woman-be-decapitated-london-year

I should add, compared to the usual levels of violence against women which that article points out are horrific.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

People from Rotherham on holiday?

enzee199
    Free Member

On a serious note, you can bet that this guy was known to mental health services, or another statutory agency so someone at some point will have done a risk assessment and will now be facing some difficult questions.

binners

Maybe it’s the opening gambit in the establishment of the Islamic State of Bethnal Green. Could be the ISIS blokes brother. Did they film it and post it on YouTube

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Not the first time:

London beheading

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It used to be Reds Under The Beds; now it’s islamists…

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Bit weird how all this stuff with ISIS and evil muslims in general escalates conveniently for the NATO conference, where arms dealers and warmongers are gathered to do business. How does weapons industry sustain a market? Is peace profitable?

Also strange how along with Rupert Murdoch and his shady links to all kinds of dodgy buggers at the top of the food chain, the 2nd largest shareholder in Newscorp outside of the Murdoch family is a Saudi Prince… you know, those guys whose government has beheaded nearly 50 people so far this year and who do roaring trade in weapons of all flavours.

http://townhall.com/columnists/dianawest/2013/01/11/is-saudi-prince-steering-news-corp-coverage-n1486794/page/full

Whatsmore, rumour has it that Saudi agents are responsible for funding Wahhabi extremists in UK mosques to stir tensions…

See an opportunity here, so going to post this link again as a bonus:

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5320/mi5-and-mi6-tell-mps-to-censor-key-report-on-lee-rigby-s-killers

What are intelligence services hiding re Lee Rigby?

Jamie
    Free Member

Fun facts on beheading from Private Eye:

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Sorry to stray a touch, but being as I’ve mentioned Murdoch…

after his ‘Putin’s Missle’ headline moments after news of MH17 was announced, has there been any conclusive evidence presented to substantiate those claims?

project
    Free Member

On a serious note, you can bet that this guy was known to mental health services, or another statutory agency so someone at some point will have done a risk assessment and will now be facing some difficult questions.

and possibly all records of him are being destroyed, and an inquiry into what happened is planned and they will all join together and agree a story and some minor person will be either promoted or offered redundancy to keep quiet………

chip
    Free Member

Maybe, maybe not, maybe this was his first psychotic episode that has been slowing building into this act of violence.
    If indeed he has mental health problems.

There has been no reports in the press so far stating a history of mental illness.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

And what are you going to to with him even if he was known to mental health experts? Tens of thousands of people with serious mental health issues don’t murder people each year. Are we going to setup insane asylums and lock em all up indefinitely, again?

Schizophrenics have a lower rate of violence than alcoholics btw.

project
    Free Member

From experience a lot of people with mental health problems make a slow recovery with prescribed drugs and therapy, where as a lot of alchoholics fail to realise they have a problem and are a problem until they have alienated everyone around them usually through violence and threats of violence.

enzee199
    Free Member

Maybe, maybe not, maybe this was his first psychotic episode that has been slowing building into this act of violence.
    If indeed he has mental health problems.

There has been no reports in the press so far stating a history of mental illness.

One of the news reports last night mentioned that the police had stated that a mental health assessment would be carried out. It seems that currently this guy is being treated for injuries in hospital, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear he has been sectioned.

I also think from what we do know from the accounts in the public domain that a mental health problem appears to be quite likely. Obviously I’m surmising, but 5 years experience of working in social care says that when something like this happens it is very rare for it to be someone who is totally unknown to services who has simply ‘snapped’ one day. Usually there will be friends/family/professionals who will pick up warning signs.

And what are you going to to with him even if he was known to mental health experts? Tens of thousands of people with serious mental health issues don’t murder people each year. Are we going to setup insane asylums and lock em all up indefinitely, again?

Schizophrenics have a lower rate of violence than alcoholics btw.

You’ve missed my point here. what I’m saying is that I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a person who is, or who has been on someone’s radar at some point, whether that’s a GP, CMHN, Social Woker, Police or whatever.

Obviously at this point it’s conjecture, but it is very, very rare for a person just to suddenly commit act of extreme violence. Usually there’s a history of issues and quite often someone will have expressed concerns.

One of the main roles of mental health services is that people who are at risk to themselves or others, due to a mental health crisis, receive the appropriate treatment at the point of that crisis. Risk assessment is a huge part of this.

I’m certainly not advocating locking people away in asylums. Risks are low because a.) it’s very rare for this to happen – most people with a MH problem are not a danger, or are mostly a danger to themselves and b.) Any risks that exist are usually well managed with appropriate treatment plans

konabunny
    Free Member

Sorry to stray a touch,

hah!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You’ve missed my point here. what I’m saying is that I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a person who is, or who has been on someone’s radar at some point, whether that’s a GP, CMHN, Social Woker, Police or whatever.

Obviously at this point it’s conjecture, but it is very, very rare for a person just to suddenly commit act of extreme violence. Usually there’s a history of issues and quite often someone will have expressed concerns.

One of the main roles of mental health services is that people who are at risk to themselves or others, due to a mental health crisis, receive the appropriate treatment at the point of that crisis. Risk assessment is a huge part of this.

Maybe, or it could be a cade of roid rage, a frontal lobe tumour or a reaction to prescribed drug. I’m sure as someone who has worked in this sector, that you will know that it can be very hard to predict peoples future behaviour when making a risk assessment. There’s no cut and dry formula for predicting this kind of behaviour, shrinks aren’t gods. Normal people or people who are seemingly mildly depressed/mildly psychotic can and do snap, hence the usual line you see on tv “Oh, he seemed such a nice person”.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that someone probably did their job perfectly well when risk assessing him and now they’re going to get it in the neck as society likes to apportion blame for things outside of our own control.

chip
    Free Member

If he had been under a physiatrist I think it would have came out by now.
    People around him probably would have noticed his behaviour becoming stranger if they were close to him leading up until now but may have not done anything about it.

I know someone who once when ill built a small bonfire, covered himself in emulsion and ran through the fire believing he was god. I know someone else who knows he is becoming ill when he starts to cover his windows with newspaper and takes the tv apart.

They’ve said this nick fellow had recently converted to Islam but had he done that by going to a mosque or had he just developed a fascination based on what he had seen in the media and bought a Quran and just told everyone he was now a Muslim.

As it would not surprise me if someone suffering from severe psychosis with a fascination for Islamic extremism chops of someone’s head, as opposed to a random stranger being stabbed in the street.

yunki
    Free Member

Bloody infidel cats

chip
    Free Member

They stole his lighter, he should have chopped there paws off .

chip
    Free Member

Just seen he has been charged and will be in court today.
    So does that mean he has been passed fit to stand trial or will it be in court today that a judge will order he undergoes assessment to decide whether he is of sound mind to stand trial.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘London beheading’ is closed to new replies.