Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Llangela this weekend?
  • andrewh
    Free Member

Hello,
    Planning a trip there tomorrow. Any locals been for a ride in the area today? Was everything still rideable? And how are the roads there? Planning on M6/M54 towards Shrewsbury, then to Wrexham then to Llandegla, anyone been down these today?

Thanks.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Look on their website… They put weather sit reps on it…
    If this weather keeps up, I doubt it’ll be open..

Rorschach
    Free Member

Its shut-and likely to be for a bit.
    Try cannock?

andrewh
    Free Member

Didn’t know they had one, thanks.
    Just had a look, doesn’t sound promising, but hopefully only car park and cafe shut. Maybe park in the village and try to go for a ride if the trails are still passable.

Could try Cannock, but supposed to meeting some other people there. If I can#t make it then I will go to either Cannock or Malverns.

steveh

The latest update is here for those that haven’t seen it already.

I’d guess the trails are pretty bad too, previous updates talked of them being very icy. You could possibly try and ride up the bridleway that comes in where the red and black rejoin but I suspect you’ll be better trying elsewhere from what the website and my local friends say.

Reign_Man
    Free Member

I live in Oswestry and we had a good snowfall last night and its still snowing, roads pretty bad, I would expect its quite bad up at Llandegla as they usually get it worse, so I wouldn’t take the chance if I were you.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I’m in Wrexham just below LLandegla and I used to live up there. You’ll not get up there this weekend if the snow continues to fall irrespective of whether the trails are open or not. Unless you drive a Unimog or something. Save yourelf a wasted trip.

Rorschach
    Free Member

“Just had a look, doesn’t sound promising, but hopefully only car park and cafe shut. Maybe park in the village and try to go for a ride if the trails are still passable.”
    Llandegla village is 4 miles away-there is no legal parking close to the trails.There is also no emergency cover in the forest.
    Off the website.
    Please do not come up in the hope to ride and park on the access road, you wouldn’t believe the headaches this gives us, and distracts us all from the most important job at hand, which is getting everything cleared and reopened as soon as possible.

fastindian
    Free Member

You can get onto the trails but bare in mind weve had snow,thaw,snow,freeze, thaw a bit. So it’ll be snow over ice. Also mobile coverage is very patchy. I wouldnt. Clwyds were still rideable yesterday though.

MrOvershoot

Full text from their site
    “It seems as though we only had a little extra snow overnight, but as i speak, the snow has begun to fall again.

Certainly there is already enough snow to make access from the main road impossible for a non 4×4 vehicle, the main roads are currently not great either, but it is absolutely pointless us trying to clear any snow, before it has stopped falling from the sky.

We will not be opening this morning.

For now, I’m afraid that all trails, car park and centre will remain closed!

Please do not come up in the hope to ride and park on the access road, you wouldn’t believe the headaches this gives us, and distracts us all from the most important job at hand, which is getting everything cleared and reopened as soon as possible.”

fastindian
    Free Member

just had a look at RAC site – horseshoe pass (not far from Llandeg)is completely closed both ways

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Llangela this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.