Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Show me your 27.2 pure racing i7 seaposts and remotes :)
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

looking like pretty much the only 27.2 half decent looking adjustable seatpost out there, just wondered if you can show me what it actually looks like on the bike pleeeeeease 🙂 doesnt have to be the 27.2 version as long as it looks the same, would be appreciated, just to see how hideous they look in the flesh 😆

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any one?

Lactic
    Free Member

This is apparently going to released in the uk before christmas. Unlike the pure it’s got a little bit of layback too.

Xfusion uppy downy post

wwaswas

Lightweight design 1.3 lbs

does that really count as ‘lightweight’ it might be ‘not heavy’ but it’s not light?

iain1775
    Free Member

Heres a pic of my uppy downy seatpost

+

+

(not my hands btw)

Works a treat, is lightweight, only three moving parts and keeps the social side of riding and a breather as I can have a chat when using it

carbon337
    Free Member

Works a treat, is lightweight, only three moving parts and keeps the social side of riding and a breather as I can have a chat when using it

+1

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oooh a smartarse!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

+1

They’re right you know.

Except Hope seatclamps are about as unreliable as all this uppy downy nonsense…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

🙁

helpful 🙂

thats like saying we should all have cheap rigid bikes cos it has pedals and wheels and we have legs to power it 🙁

always bloody one is’nt there 😉

seriously any pics appreciated 🙂

i have done the above for ages to be honest with QR and hands, i hate stopping every time to do it, then i can never get my seat just back how i want it, and also its getting to winter ill have cold hands that wont function doing it etc 😆

iain1775
    Free Member

yep Im an unhelpful smartarse 🙂
    however Didzy on your other ‘Joplin’ thread I posted you a link to an alternative 27.2mm uppy downy post – The Rase Black Mamba

Lactic
    Free Member

They’re right you know.

They’re not right. It isn’t a matter of wrong or right but of preference. Much like singlepeeding, rigid forks and wacky handlebars.

Personally I prefer an uppy downy seatpost to a QR. With the QR I tend to set the post to a compromise height and leave it, unless I know I’m about to go down a cliff or up a long winch of a climb. With the uppy downy I can constantly adjust my post so it is the perfect height all the time, without stopping every 50 yards and pi$$ing off my mates.

And before anyone says its, it’s not just rubbish riders like me that use them either- Mark Weir’s Gravity Dropper

PhilAmon
    Free Member

I’m sure I’m not the first to think this, but all I’d need to lower my seat while riding (and maybe raise it too) would be some means of stopping the post from spinning. If a post was available thats keyed with a vertical slot in it and a seat clamp with a sticky out bit that went in the slot, then I’d be able to drop my post on the move without any extra weight. Anyone up for the challenge? I’d buy one in a shot…

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Singlespeeding, rigid forks, 1×9 etc are all personal preference.

Uppy downy posts are wrong.

wwaswas

PhilAmon – if it had a little spring inside it that made raising it back up after you’d lowered it easier I might be interested.

PhilAmon
    Free Member

Yeah the spring might work… i guess if i could get hold of a post made of extra thick alloy tube, say 6mm instead of 3, I could get a 3mm deep slot machened into it easy enough, and it’d be no weaker than a tube made of 3mm thick alloy. Anyone know of a post made of thicker material than normal?

rudedog
    Free Member

I’d love to be able to afford one of these – of course you can just get off your bike and do it manually but personaly, I see a real advantage to be able to adjust the height of the saddle without having to stop all the time to do it.

wwaswas

PA – maybe if you got a slightly smaller seatpost and ran it down the inside of a larger, keyed one you could do it without modifying the frame or existing seat clamp?

rudedog
    Free Member

PhilAmon – Member
    I’m sure I’m not the first to think this, but all I’d need to lower my seat while riding (and maybe raise it too) would be some means of stopping the post from spinning. If a post was available thats keyed with a vertical slot in it and a seat clamp with a sticky out bit that went in the slot, then I’d be able to drop my post on the move without any extra weight. Anyone up for the challenge? I’d buy one in a shot…

I had the same idea – you’d definately need a spring to assist with getting it back up as the notch would mean you wouldn’t be able to twist your seatpost to aid it on the way up.

I think we’ve just reinvented the gravity dropper 😉

YoKaiser
    Free Member

😆 rudedog and Phil, joe breeze may have beaten you to it by about 20 odd years.

packer
    Free Member

SO, back on topic, has anyone got any pictures of this post in the wild? I would like to see them too.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

here, here!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Show me your 27.2 pure racing i7 seaposts and remotes :)’ is closed to new replies.