Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 358 total)
  • Liz! Truss!
  • heebyjeeby

May it be to do with her comments that she had no issues with British people going to fight in Ukraine?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Indeed.

She’s merely another cabinet member best suited for manning the B-ark.

Maybe it’s for the best if she continues to get paid for doing nothing, or something fairly innocuous like modelling large fur hats.

Rather than, say, attempting to have some sort of input to a difficult political situation such as a public meeting with the Russian foreign minister.

Superficial
    Free Member

Much as I hate the woman, I’m not seeing anything in any of her comments that makes me think “right, that’s it, fire up the nuclear warhead system”?

I mean, we’re one of the most developed and prosperous nations on the planet, and the best we can offer is Liz **** Truss. That’s not not an argument for annihilation of the human race.

tjagain

I suspect the russian comments about Truss are more about creating a rift in the pro Ukraine countries and reminding Johnson that he is their man bought and paid for.

Its also a reminder to Truss how useless she is.

crazy-legs

I suspect the russian comments about Truss are more about creating a rift in the pro Ukraine countries and reminding Johnson that he is their man bought and paid for.

Its also a reminder to Truss how useless she is.

This.
    A coded message to Boris asking him to please keep a leash on his Foreign Secretary.

Callsign PorkMarkets, off to drop a nuclear bomb.

inkster
    Free Member

“Much as I hate the woman, I’m not seeing anything in any of her comments that makes me think “right, that’s it, fire up the nuclear warhead system”?”

The thing is that with Brexit we have both isolated ourselves and made ourselves a target. All we can do is squawk from the sidelines. Even if she weren’t so dumb the Russians would stiĺ be able to single us out for special treatment, its harder for them to do that with an individual EU nation because they’ve all got each other’s backs, especially at the moment.

A smarter UK politician would realise the position that not being in the EU puts us in in relation to this conflict and subsequently tread far more carefully.

I saw an interview with an ex NATO staffer who said that Putin fears the EU more than he does NATO, because the freedom and prosperity offered by being a member poses a greater threat to Russian hegemony than tanks and missiles.

We’re not really part of the conversation and if and when Europe reshapes itself we will have no real influence. For 300 years UK foreign policy revolved around making sure that no single power dominated on the continent. We may have taken back control domestically, but regionally and globally we are powerless.

EDIT: and what tj said.

thegreatape
    Free Member

In the interests of accuracy, the photos on the aircraft carrier were taken in October during a non-wartime visit.

Which doesn’t in any way detract from the fact that she’s a complete buffoon.

Riksbar

It does feel like the Russian foreign made ministry have chosen UKG/Liz Truss a the weak link in the western/global alliance(I can’t think why!) so hopefully she or they don’t do anything daft and our allies just keep up their current resolve.

martin_t
    Free Member

It does not surprise me that a weed such as Truss grows out of this compost of a government. It surprises me slightly more that there is a place for Ben Wallace who appears capable.

poly
    Free Member

May it be to do with her comments that she had no issues with British people going to fight in Ukraine?

I see two possible explanations:

1. Truss made the statement about British people going to fight in Ukraine as a cover for some black ops mission, so there is deniability if it goes wrong. The Russians know, or suspect this and are pissed off we are sending special forces / MI to interfere.

or

2. Someone in the Kremlin woke up today and is now frantically trying to calm the crazy shit down to avoid nuclear war. Looks at the world and thinks, “who does nobody like, and is clueless that will have said stuff we can point the finger at” and hey presto.

Its not impossible that both are true.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It is hard to remember which photo was taken when, where and why as the foreign secretary has made more than 700 appearances on the government’s Flickr account since taking up the job. I think it is something like 5 a day, every day and they all seem carefully planned and prepared.

How much time does she spend on preparing for photo0s compared preparing for work?

binners

It surprises me slightly more that there is a place for Ben Wallace who appears capable.

This very much guarantees he’ll be back on the backbenches pretty sharpish

The last thing Boris needs is someone looking vaguely competent

chakaping
    Free Member

It does feel like the Russian foreign made ministry have chosen UKG

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if they blamed MC Grindah next.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m sure this list of mistakes and things that should be blamed in Liz Truss is significant and lengthy. However, I’m pretty sure the only person on the planet who believes Liz Truss has that much influence on the world stage is, Liz Truss.

binners

To be fair to the Russians, having achieved Brexit, which then led to Boris being elected, they’re thinking ‘how can we make things even worse for the UK?’ and obviously helping Liz out with her leadership ambitions is the obvious answer

Onzadog
    Free Member

Aye, Putin probably told Boris a while back that he was going to need a scapegoat foreign secretary. Only reason she got the job.

pondo

In the interests of accuracy, the photos on the aircraft carrier were taken in October during a non-wartime visit.

Fair play – wondered why I couldn’t find them on her twitter feed over the weekend!

Speaking at a press briefing on Monday, Mr Peskov said: “Statements were made by various representatives at various levels on possible altercations or even collisions and clashes between Nato and Russia.

“We believe that such statements are absolutely unacceptable. I would not call the authors of these statements by name, although it was the British foreign minister.”

So they’re not naming anybody – but it was definitely her. 🙂

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

they’re thinking ‘how can we make things even worse for the UK?

The six number jackpot win was from the Ministry of Foreign Cyber Attacks helping Facebook* the referendum in favour of Getting Brexit Dumb.

Truss showing up later was the bonus ball.

* deliberate use as a verb.

inkster
    Free Member

“Wouldn’t be at all surprised if they blamed MC Grindah next.”

Well he has been kurrupted.

flannol
    Free Member

A smarter UK politician would realise the position that not being in the EU puts us in in relation to this conflict and subsequently tread far more carefully.

+1 this

Words matter. Optics matters

There should be an absolute mouth-shut policy across all UK government, press, etc, with every single piece of comms going through scrutiny from people who actually know how to play strategy and battle on a global field

Who am I to say anything but I would bet it would be something like this that causes us to get levelled

smiffy

I strongly believe that if the red button gets pressed it will be aimed at or near UK or something British.

inkster
    Free Member

“I strongly believe that if the red button gets pressed it will be aimed at or near UK or something British.”

I bet the Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier is on red alert. Not that I think it will, but should this conflict escalate to include engagement with NATO, then surely that ship is top of Putin’s strike list, (he has made threats in that direction before I believe?).

If there were ever to be such a thing as a ‘tactical nuclear deployment’ then certainly an airfield in the middle of international waters would be the primary target?

Put it down to karma if Liz Truss is on deck when it happens.

martinhutch

The new buccaneering global Britain seems to mainly involve pissing people off.

slowoldman

Maybe something else influenced by Johnson’s Russian connections.

revs1972
    Free Member

A

kimbers

Its a matter of time now, isnt it

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Number one, the larch.

mattyfez

Number one, the larch.

Hahah! Nicely done 🙂

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Crikey, with everything going not Boris shaped, do we need to dust off this thread?

kimbers

Budget making more sense now

tjagain

Anyone surprised?   Cocaine all over the HOC and now the ministers posh houses.  Plus of course Kwarteng ckearly off his face at the funeral etc etc

Its an open secret that tory ministers and pms have been at the cocaine.  I dont understand  why the press does not go after them

somafunk

I’d have placed Gove more as a mdma pill popper, George Osborne has the wide eyed/slack jawed look of a coke fiend though.

MoreCashThanDash

George Osborne has the wide eyed/slack jawed look of a coke fiend though member of the landed gentry

Klunk
    Free Member

for the stw yahtzee is there any blue light action ?

binners

Surely the mini-budget could only have been cooked up by someone on powerful hallucinogenics?

pk13

Speed balls and shrooms

maccruiskeen

I dont understand  why the press does not go after them

The press are typically at the same parties. When it comes to cocaine their snout is very much in the same trough.

saucemerlin
    Free Member

Finally something explains the not-so-mini-budget. They were all off their tits on the Peruvian Marching Powder.

WTAF.

thenorthwind

Surprised to note that this thread took a 5 month hiatus, during which (a small part of, admittedly) Truss was PM.

ernielynch

There was a very extensive thread on “the mini budget”.

The mini budget was the sum total of Liz Truss’s premiership achievement.

She never got round to dealing with any other issues. She simply ran out of time.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 358 total)

The topic ‘Liz! Truss!’ is closed to new replies.