Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Liv Vall E +2 opinions?
  • oldfart

Wife is after a replacement for her 9 year old Giant Dirt E . LBS is getting one in for her to try , £900 off so £2,098 , seems a natural women specific replacement. Thing is I wonder if it’s too much bike for her now , she confines herself to old railway lines country lanes and the very occasional bridlepath .

Seems a good price wheels are tubeless ready and it comes with Maxxis Reckons , all the rest is similar updated versions of what she’s got which has worked well and she doesn’t give them a hard life.

Anybody got one ?

matt_outandabout

I’ve nothing to add about that bike.

But the stories on here of repeated refusal of warranty and tardy responses from Giant / Liv would put me off any of thier products. Particularly a more complex thing like an eBike.

oldfart

I’ve read those stories but your contract is with the bike shop isn’t it ?

matt_outandabout

Agreed. But how much do you trust LBS to, for example, pay of thier own money a new motor or battery?

We avoided our Giant dealer for this reason. And we own two Giants in the family.

We went Merida as the LBS was excellent and the support from Merida before we even bought was good.

jkomo

Why not try a full suss, gentler on the down below area and the thing weighs a ton anyway so a couple extra kg won’t hurt. I’d then also try a lightweight rigid with big tyres, see how that feels.
    Agree with MOAA, my Giant ebike was a disaster, luckily Paul’s had it back after not be able to sort it.

johnnystorm

Huge discounts on Specialized Tero and Tero X bikes at the mo. More of an all-rounder than a full on trail bike, also with guards and lights, etc.

oldfart

Yeah the Tero looks an option.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.