Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Liv Road Shifters
  • minus
    Free Member

My other half is looking at road bikes and likes the look of some of the Liv’s but is keen to get a bike with Shimano’s short reach shifters (7025 or 8025) as she finds the standard shifters (old 9 speed 105) on her current bike a bit of a handful and has heard great feedback from other women with the small ones.

Does anyone know if Liv’s come with the short reach shifters?  Lot’s of women’s bikes seem to, but Liv just seem to say 105 or Ultergra, not the actual shifter part number.

anagallis_arvensis

105 have adjustable reach, but not sure if you can get short reach ones

cookeaa

A new bike with R7000 or R8000 will have reach adjustment like so:

5800 adjusted the same way as well , but yeah if you’re buying a modern 105, Ultegra (or 4700 Tiagra in fact) spec bike, the levers will have a 2mm hex under the hood rubber to adjust reach, if you can get hands on one in a shop yank the rubber back and have a looksee…

Earlier shifters used clip in plastic shims, I only know this because I’ve got a pair of 5700 and stumpy fingers…

simondbarnes

To those mentioning reach adjust – the 7025 and 8025 stis have reach adjust *and* a different lever shape designed for small hands

Sorry OP, I don’t know the answer to your question.

twonks

My OH has 3 Liv bikes at the moment and they all appear to have normal Shimano levers, although she never complains and has small hands only being 5’2″

They are all aftermarket Di2 so ‘full size’ for sure.

sparkyrhino

Yup my missus has 2 liv road bikes, both have ultegra fitted,one set rim brakes other disc, she has dolls hands and has no issues,with reach or fatigue, never needed to adjust

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Liv Road Shifters’ is closed to new replies.