Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Liteville 301 tyre clearance
  • Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Contemplating an imminent purchase and the only variable that I still need to decide over is the rear wheel size.
    Mud clearance is the concern if I go for a 27.5″.

Frame will be a 301 Mk 11 in XL
    At the front, I’ll be going for 27.5″ Pike with 27.5″ wheel.

Long shot I know, but does anybody have a pic showing clearance around either 26″ or 27.5″ rear wheel in an XL 301, with something like a 2.35″ dual-ply Minion or Hans Dampf on a nice wide rim.

Ta

Hicksy
    Free Member

If you’re looking to buy a frame, Bromley Bike Co. are currently doing MK11’s at £1349 and MK10’s at £1149 – their website says different, but that’s what they are selling them for in the shop – I know as I bought one today! Can’t yet help with the tyre clearance thing though, as I now need to save up for the other bits!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

On an XL, you ‘should’ be fine, as the chainstays are longer.

The 650b large I rode for a while with 2.3 HR2’s was appalling for clearance. There was literally 1-2mm around the chainstay by the BB, and that was on a normal width rim (Arch EX). If you stuck a wide rim on it, I doubt it would spin freely.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Can’t you run 29″ on the Mk 11 XL too?

I have a Mk 8 Large and am running a 2.4 Fat Albert on a Syncros DPS32 rim and there’s still loads of clearance. However, I suspect thatis not the slightest use to you 🙂

vv @ Hicksy – noted. BTW the Bromley Bikes deals are all on Ebay.

Hicksy
    Free Member

Just the XXL I believe.

easygirl

I’ve got 27.5 wheels on my xl 301, I’ll send yiu a pic later, it’s got hans dampf on and the clearance is fine

boltonjon

I ran a 2.7″ High Roller on a 26″ rim on a MK10 XL for a while – great clearance

Quality bike – enjoy!

easygirl

Pics sent, dosnet look a lot on the pics I sent ,but ran It on a v muddy ride last week without a problem

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Thanks easygirl, I’ll get a look at your e-mail tonight.

closetroadie
    Free Member

What rims are you thinking of using?

ferrit
    Free Member

Had mine for a while now (26″ wheels):

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/liteville-301-ride-review-after-a-week-on-the-transprovence-signposting-team

Been running 2.35 Maxxis High-Rollers, Minions, Crossmarks and Ardents on it – loads of tyre clearance on the rear – no issues with clogging.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

closetroadie,
    I’m splashing out on a Syntace W35 MX rim.

https://www.syntace.com/index.cfm?pid=3&pk=2412

Cheers ferrit, I’d already seen that thread.
    I can see there’s plenty of room with a 26″ wheel. Just wondering how much less there would be if I went for a 650B rear.
    I’ll not be able to see easygirl’s pics until I get home. I’ll take a look then and see if that gets me any nearer a decision.
    (Front will be the same 650B Syntace W35 with a 160mm Pike)

vonplatz
    Free Member

Did you finally work this out? I’m looking at running a 2.25 nobbly nick (already bought) on a syntace w35 27,5 rear wheel on a large frame. I’m dubious about clearance but I’d much rather have the same wheel size each end.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Here you go. 2.25 – 27.5″ NN.

Hope you don’t ride in mud 😉

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/9822694/

vonplatz
    Free Member

Thanks a lot! I’m actually lucky enough to live in central Spain where most trails are hard pack most of the time. Getting pretty excited about the build!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Hob Nob’s pic confirms my suspicions. A little too tight for my liking.
    26″ rear it will be.

godzilla
    Free Member

Has anyone seen any deals on these in Large please?

wwaswas

bromley bike’s ebay store is the place to look.

godzilla
    Free Member

Already hit them up, all mediums 🙁

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Liteville 301 tyre clearance’ is closed to new replies.