Thought I'd fire up some thoughts on here regarding my latest bank-account emptyer. Previously has a Nicolai Helius AC:
- Liteville 301 MK 10 XL (similar in size to Nicolai L)
- 140mm linkage plates (not 160mm)
- Fox RP23 Kashima (supplied with frame)
- Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti 150mm
- Liteville/Syntace headset, seat clamp, seatpost
- XT M785 brakes with 7" rotors
- Crossmax SX wheels
- Easton Alu bars
- Thomson Stem
- Straitline Silentguide
- XT shifters, clutch rear mech, cassette (11-26)
- WTB seat
- XTR cranks
- Hope BB
- Middleburn ring
- Has a 34.9mm seatpost - yes, that's right!!
- Minimum of 7" rotor on rear
- Frame is a lot lighter than the Nicolai
- longer in TT and longer rear end. In fact long full stop!
- Low BB
- Finish is awesome
- Frame detail is incredible - cable routing spot on, X-12 dropout is well simple and stiff, everything supplied with frame - even seat clamp and headset and correct adaptors to run 1 1/8 or tapered forks
After A Week:
- Hooooly crap, this thing is awesome! (sorry)
- Very stable at speed (from length and low BB)
- Suspension super-plush but very controlled
- Stable in the air and no odd suspension quirks
- Not much bob even with PP disengaged
- Riding position felt spot-on straight away (normally I'm fannying around with stem lengths. bar height etc)
- Corners VERY well
- Thought this would be a nightmare on tight switchbacks given the length but didn't really notice it over my massive, massive grin
- Some ghost shifting when pedalling through large rock gardens but think I need to adjust the mech a bit with the clutch etc.
- Nothing broke. Winner!
A big thanks to Mark at The Bike Chain, Edinburgh for sorting me out in a very short timeframe and being an all-round good chap.