Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Limited Edition “Xtra Choc” Mars bar. When will I ever learn?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Rubbish.
    A chocolatey disappointment.
    Apart from the occasional modified Kit Kat all “Limited Edition” confectionary variants are pants. Big pig’s pants.

survivor

First world problem!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Apart from the occasional modified Kit Kat all “Limited Edition” confectionary variants are pants. Big pig’s pants.

You’re clearly not aware of the joy that is the Peanut Butter Lion Bar.

edit: incidentally I once won a catering pack of peanut butter lion bars in a snowman building contest in La Plagne.

munrobiker
    Free Member

From the late 90’s. But yes, otherwise, I’m with you. If it’s not a special Kit Kat Chunky it can bugger off.

Yak

Good to know. That’s the sort of nonsense I fall for.
    I most recently fell for a ‘new’ onion bhaji scotch egg. Awful fusion taste fail imo.

bearnecessities
    Free Member

Solid chocolate kit-kat all the way.

Always wondered whether it’s a genuine production anomaly, or something less magical.

“Brian, the wafer machine’s jammed!”

“**** it, I’m not turning the chocolate machine off so best get it fixed, eh?”

munrobiker
    Free Member

On the chocolate kit kat theme, this bag was all crocodiles. I told them about it and they sent me another one 8)

drlex
    Free Member

[…] modified Kit Kat […]

I’m always sad when I fail to find the dark chocolate version in the confectionery aisle during the weekly shop. Disappointingly, the dark chocolate version of the Tunnocks wafer is also a rare visitor to the shelves.

Yak

Solid chocolate kit-kat all the way

what?!! – there was a solid chocolate kit-kat? Damn, missed that.

chvck
    Free Member

Disappointingly, the dark chocolate version of the Tunnocks wafer is also a rare visitor to the shelves.

I did not know this existed. Pretty sure I’m safe here in mid Wales otherwise I’d be getting very, very fat.

drlex
    Free Member

As the late Shaw Taylor may have had it, “keep ’em peeled”

fd3chris
    Free Member

Drlex if I had ten thousand of them you could have them for free! Dark chocolate is the devils skidmarked pants.

toby1

Snickers – the ideal mix of chocolate, nougat and nutty caramel, so why anyone goes in for any of the variants I have no idea!

ninfan
    Free Member

Still sorely missed:

instanthit
    Free Member

My wife has been buying Titan (fake mars) bars from Lidls, for the kids. They come in a packet of 7 or 8 and are about 3 bites, thouroughly recommended.
    So good there were none left for the kids.

instanthit
    Free Member

Titan Bars from lidls. Fake fun size mars bars, but so good you have to eat the packet, about 8. That way the kids dont know you have eaten their chocolate!!

njee20
    Free Member

So good you told us about them twice, in a subtly different way!

Esme
    Free Member

“you have to eat the packet”
    Could you not just shove it under the other rubbish? 😐

I wasn’t paying attention, Titan bars are good then?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

On the Tunnocks theme, for our traditional Easter camping trip we like to pack the Tunnock Tea cakes. Imagine the furore when this year I was able to offer the choice of normal and dark chocolate options!

njee20
    Free Member

I’m not sure to be honest. Need someone to mention them here.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

I’m not sure to be honest. Need someone to mention them here.

I’m sure I’ve heard something about them recently…..

instanthit
    Free Member

Computer meltdown!! Titan bars are defintely worth a mention at least three times.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Dark chocolate works well on a Bounty (5 a day n all that).

unovolo
    Free Member

So what’s the best ‘Mars’ bar alternative then?
    Any recommendations.

sockpuppet

Not seen in a while, but the special edition mars ‘dark and light’ we’re just about my favourite confection ever.

No, really.

porlus
    Free Member

You’re clearly not aware of the joy that is the Peanut Butter Lion Bar

And the peanut butter chunky kit kat. Damn that was immense.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Scoff, nom, scoff, burp, scoff, nom, burp, sick, scoff, nom, burp.. etc.etc.

andyl
    Free Member

Anyone remember the original Boost?

iain1775
    Free Member

I bought a Mars Bar the other day, where have they gone?
    Are these new ‘half size’ ones disguised in normal sized packaging a limited edition or just another example of the manufacturers stiffing us and hoping we won’t notice?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh coconut Boost – no, can’t remember those. Love Boost bars though.

These were good too 😛

househusband

What happened to the Cadbury’s milk choc Jaffa Cakes that were around several years ago – perhaps they were a limited edition?

molgrips
    Free Member

Tunnocks product development team are the laziest people in business. Make the same traditional stuff since the war, probably, and then rack your brains to come out with… The same stuff in dark version. I wonder how long that innovation took to develop…

andyl
    Free Member

Coconut was the original boost. The current one is the biscuit boost which came out much later (advert went “Boost, Boost, a biscuit Boost). There was also the guarana and one the peanut one which I think was a starbar, then a boost and then back to a star bar. But it’s size seems to be smaller, then again the boost is smaller now too.

Xylene
    Free Member

I give you

Amazing

One of my parents brought me a packet of mini ones back from Japan.

allthepies
    Free Member

Wasabi KitKat ? Hmmmmm.

Mind you, they’re available over here as Orange, Toffee, Cookies and Cream, Mint etc etc varieties. So why not Wasabi 🙂

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Limited Edition “Xtra Choc” Mars bar. When will I ever learn?’ is closed to new replies.