Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Like Toblerone, but better
  • Pieface

On the radio a DJ was saying that they’d been givena fancy version of a Toblerone, but I don’t know what it was. I’d like to get something like that for my wife for Xmas. ANyone gto any idea what it is?

Yak

What?? there is no finer mountain-themed chocolate bar. No messing about can improve it.

Superficial
    Free Member

What?? there is no finer mountain-themed chocolate bar. No messing about can improve it.

Whilst I am minded to agree, they have released a special edition orange one for this winter which I enjoyed (by myself) very much. Perhaps that’s what the OP meant?

dethbeard
    Free Member

Toblerone is peak Toblerone.

Variants sit below on the hierarchy.

IHN

My ex worked for Kraft Foods, makers of Toblerone, and could order 5kg(!) megabars. People would often ask her to for Christmas presents and the like

Little did they realise that eating said bars is essentially impossible without power tools…

GolfChick
    Free Member

Coconut toblerone from airport, now that’s where it’s at!

P-Jay
    Free Member

You can buy all sorts of different ‘rone in Geneva Airport, I don’t know if any of them are Super Toblerone, they’d just be different degrees of terrible to me.

Pieface

What’s the generic name for the ‘rone?

I think it was a white chocolate version, and it was from a Swiss Choclatier, in a green and gold packet perhaps.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m with the Big Yin on this one…….

“Toblerones! It’s impossible to eat a ******* Toblerone without hurting yourself!”

Rubber_Buccaneer

If you want something twice as good as a Toblerone what you need is two Toblerones.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m with the Big Yin on this one…….

“Toblerones! It’s impossible to eat a ******* Toblerone without hurting yourself!”

Toblerone – not for pussies

P-Jay
    Free Member

I can’t think of a time I’ve ever hurt myself eating one. You just push two peaks together and they snap easy enough?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Toblerone were cheaper in Southampton Airport than either Geneva or Zurich and cheaper than in the local shop where I was staying in the Tobler district of Bern directly opposite the original Toblerone factory!

curto80
    Free Member

Coconut toblerone?? No, just no. A posh Bounty is still a f***ing Bounty.

alanf
    Free Member

Toblerone cheesecake ended up costing me £500 for a crown, after I snapped a tooth on the bugger!
    It is still peak Tobler though, although I will be far more careful when attempting to ingest any foodstuffs that contain it.
    I’ve not attempted any since then and it was December last year…

johnx2
    Free Member

You’re going to be deprived of nourishing vitamin T.

How long ago was it they moved the triangles further apart?

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

I went on a ski holiday where someone in our group managed to buy a Toblerone so large they wouldn’t accept it as carry on and made him check it in. Can still picture it going round on the conveyor – it was a monster.

ElShalimo

@WorldClassAccident – ditto Milka. We popped into their factory shop in Bludenz, Austria and saw the same thing.

Does anyone else have a weakness for the plain choc M&S Toblerone copies?

nicko74

I can’t think of a time I’ve ever hurt myself eating one. You just push two peaks together and they snap easy enough?

Ye-es, but the ideal temperature for Toblerone is just warmer than room temperature, so you can leave a mark in it if you squeeze. So if you use your method, you run the risk of ending up with toblerone all over your hand…and still resolutely unsnapped

prawny

There’s a beard meets food video on YouTube where he tries to eat one of the mega bars in one sitting.

Not going to spoil the result, but it’s an amusing watch.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Home Bargains have small plain chocolate Toblerones for 99p currently.
    Delicious!

beamers

There’s a ‘rone cookbook!

Linky

davosaurusrex

Prefer the milk chocolate ones but M&S Mountain Bar knock offs are superior to Toblerone. Not cheap though

peekay

There was that Radio DJ who famously gorged on them whilst driving barefoot to Dundee.

amedias
    Free Member

Saw the thread title and couldn’t not come in to pour scorn on the very idea of there being something ‘better’ than a Toblerone.

To even speak of the possibility of such is practically treason. I know 2020 has been a mad year full of surprises and circumstances the like of which we have never seen but it is not that crazy.

The only, and I mean only thing better in the chocolate world than a Toblerone is in fact two (or a single bigger) Toblerone.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just remembered there’s a bar and half of that Twin Peaks knock-off Toblerone in my desk drawer at work. Wonder how that’s been getting on without me these last eight months.

beamers

The 4.5kg big daddy:

Yours for £99.98.

allanoleary
    Free Member

I’m going to be controversial (and probably alienate myself for life) by saying almost all other chocolate is better than Toblerone

sharkbait
    Free Member

Having gone to school close to The Wrekin u can guarantee that it’s looks nothing like that bar¡

funkmasterp

This probably says a lot about me but I always figured those massive toblerone would make the perfect murder weapon. You could bludgeon your victim and then eat the evidence. The bonus being that the taste of the ‘rone would help make you feel better about the whole homicide thing.

maccruiskeen

Prefer the milk chocolate ones but M&S Mountain Bar knock offs are superior to Toblerone.

Indeed. Toblerones are ok at best – if you’re old enough to remember them being one of the better chocolate bars you could buy then you’re maybe allowing nostalgia to colour your judgement. I’m not talking in poncy artisanal terms – I think theres plenty of supermarket own brand chocolate that tastes better – in a blind taste test theres plenty of other chocolate people would prefer over Toblerone.

If you like the chunkiness of Toblerone  – give some Tony’s Chocolonely a try. Not triangular but very chunk-some and with non of the child slavery you get in bars made by Kraft, Nestle and Mars. It was the main contributing factor to my Locksdown-Stone.

LAT

Does anyone else have a weakness for the plain choc M&S Toblerone copies?

id it still called the swiss mountain bar? i used to love the milk one. hadn’t had one in years, but one of the canadian supermarkets sells it under another name. my wife unexpectedly returned home with one. it was a sweet reunion.

eyestwice
    Free Member

Yep. Milk or white M&S Swiss Mountain Bars give a Toblerone a good run for the money.

kid.a
    Free Member

I just had to stop at the garage on the way home and buy a Toblerone Orange.

(Fuggit, it’s nearly Christmas!)

AdamT

Would two Toblerones (up there ^) be a Toblertwo?

p7eaven
    Free Member

+1 Tony’s Chocolonely Almond Honey Nougat. 180g bar.

Make sure you buy two. Big and chunky bars, but moreish…😋

http://kevssnackreviews.blogspot.com/2019/03/tonys-chocolonely-almond-honey-nougat.html

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Like Toblerone, but better

Erm. Normal milk chocolate .

ElShalimo

Tony’s the US chocolate is awful

Loved by young people as it’s different but it’s just shite

joshvegas
    Free Member

give some Tony’s Chocolonely a try.

I love chocolate, i’m not snobby will eat the cheapest milk or the darkest dark.

Not Tony’s though its **** disgusting.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Like Toblerone, but better’ is closed to new replies.