Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Like Toblerone, but better
  • MoreCashThanDash

Thank you for introducing me to Beard Meets Food on YouTube…….🤦‍♂️

kayak23

How long ago was it they moved the triangles further apart?

I’ve not had it since it was dumbed down for the cack-handed masses who couldn’t wield a pair of pliers.

cultsdave
    Free Member

p7eaven
    Free Member

Tony’s the US chocolate is awful

From Amsterdam I thought?

https://tonyschocolonely.com/nl/en/our-mission/news/polluting-coal-powerstation-becomes-chocolate-factory

Unless they make US version for the ‘US palate’?

mrmoofo

Ever since Kraft took over Toblerone, they have followed their usual practise of value engineering … I.e making it cheaper.
    Is used to be a great product – but now it is cheaper chocolatier. Cheaper ingredients and generally smaller. But profit is no doubt up.
    They have done exactly the same with Milka … and are doing so with Cadbury.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Tony’s is annoying, when I eat chocolate I want Geometric based pieces not a mess that that thing makes.

Toblerone’s are the business, Airport badboys are always on lock

sirromj

I can’t think of a time I’ve ever hurt myself eating one.

You’ve not eaten one big enough. My sister won one of those 4.5kg 78cm Toblerone many years ago. I’d always overlooked Toblerone until that point, but there was just so much of it and it needed eating!

p7eaven
    Free Member

Tony’s is annoying

I’m sensing a Toblerone/Kraft vs Tony’s choc-off!?

From the review I posted (heartily agree)

It’s (Tony’s Almond Honey Nougat) basically better quality Toblerone in an easier to eat format. The almonds taste fresh and crisp. I really enjoyed this

Boxes ticked. My work here is done. 🍫

OP can thank me later 😉

Houns

If you’ve not damaged yourself eating a Toblerone then you need to eat one straight from the fridge

tails
    Free Member

Just bought a dark milk pretzel toffee Tony’s bar at £3.50 from Sainsbury’s. Expected so much but was left let down, the pretzel needed to be caramelised. It was more of a £2.50 bar than £3.50. Huge plus for the packaging though, I felt like Charlie from the chocolate factory. Will probably try the others of on offer.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

P-Jay
    I can’t think of a time I’ve ever hurt myself eating one. You just push two peaks together and they snap easy enough

What…….? You push them together ?!???

maccruiskeen

two Toblerones (up there ^)

that’s how you hurt yourself with a toblerone

blokeuptheroad

If you’ve not damaged yourself eating a Toblerone then you need to eat one straight from the fridge

What kind of monster puts chocolate in the fridge? That’s karma for being a deviant right there!

Houns

So it doesn’t melt so quickly when it’s up there

mattyfez

Jeeez…I’m dissapointed.

Like Toblerone, but better

The answer is 2 Toblerones.

Ghah… 🙁

p7eaven
    Free Member

What kind of monster puts chocolate in the fridge?

Me. Can’t stand all this new palm oily gooey grainy chocolate. I remember Dairy Milk snapping and Choc Oranges when they were like cricket balls.

edd

I never knew 4.5kg Toblerones existed until this thread. I’m a little bit obsessed now…

oldnpastit

Almost thirty years ago when I was a student, I knew a guy who was of Swiss/American parentage, and had been brought up in a Swiss monastic boarding school (Franciscan?) from the age of 11.

He was as messed up as you would expect given that kind of upbringing, but was one of the cleverest people I ever knew. I think he’s now somewhere very senior in the EU.

Anyway, he always claimed that the Swiss produced two different kinds of Toblerone – the good stuff that stayed in Switzerland and the junk that went to the UK.

No idea if it was true or not.

boxelder

I’m going to be controversial (and probably alienate myself for life) by saying almost all other chocolate is better than Toblerone

Agree. Too sweet.

qwerty
    Free Member

So it doesn’t melt so quickly when it’s up there

Err… dare I ask… up where❓🤔

Joe

Yeh, Tony’s is shite. Bought one recently, horrible stuff.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Who the hell pays £3.50 for a little bar of Tony’s chocolate when they can get three and a half bars of Pounndshop Toblerone rip off for that? Or in fact six packets of king-size Reeces cups which let’s face it really is the best sweet available…. (stands back and awaits the mother of all flamings).

Houns

Meh I like Tony’s

edd

Joe
    Free Member

Yeh, Tony’s is shite. Bought one recently, horrible stuff.

Bought one today, will be interested to taste it. 200g for £3.50 in Sainsbury’s, when 360g of Toblerone is only £4 means I’m unlikely to become a Tony’s regular.

prawny

MoreCashThanDash

Thank you for introducing me to Beard Meets Food on YouTube…….🤦‍♂️

Great innit! He went to the little wimpy on Cannock Chase earlier this year, he confused the locals immensely 😂

stgeorge

Or in fact six packets of king-size Reeces cups which let’s face it really is the best sweet available

I’ll start….Just no, never. ever.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Mmmmmm….. Peanut butter and chocolate.
    Food of the Gods.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Like Toblerone, but better’ is closed to new replies.