Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Light and capable 100mm travel full suss
  • benz
    Free Member

Can a decent spec Giant Anthem really be beaten for the money that there are some on sale at the mo?

£2k budget.

Aiming to get down to 23>24lbs weight for 18″

s4rpf
    Free Member

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2554

no experience but go to be worth a look with that spec list

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

I guess maybe a trek fuel or Specialized epic, but would probably have to be last years model to get them within your price range.

The anthem is probably hard to beat for what your looking for, hated mine with a passion but that is probably just me!

downthemiddle
    Free Member

oops, apologise in advance for shameless plug

Got a pretty imaculate medium specialized epic 2010 that I am considering selling. Brain shock and forks just serviced and highly upgraded. Its in your ballpark weightwise already without you needing to change a thing, I am looking to go 29er hardtail

Taff
    Free Member

HOPEFULLY about to pick up an Epic with a damn good spec for 1800. Better than the anthem from what I can see but neither will come with a weight of 23-24 as stock.

onewheelgood

I test rode a Spesh and an Anthem – bought the Anthem and I absolutely love it. The Spesh just felt like it was completely the wrong shape, I hated it. The Anthem is a traditional XC bike – steep angles, long top tube, which is what I am used to so it felt fine. In fact the riding position is quite similar to my ’92 Marin, which would certainly explain why quite a few people don’t like Anthems!

jambalaya
    Free Member

A Giant on sale is always going to be hard to beat. How about a Santa Cruz Superlight ?

druidh
    Free Member

Taff – Member
    neither will come with a weight of 23-24 as stock.

I’d also be very surprised if that was possible at that cost.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Can’t link right now, as on mobile, but Pedalon have got some bargains on 2011 Anthems. £1,600 for an X2!

I think you would be lucky to get any £2k FS bike down to 23lbs! Anthems about 26 ish but its kind of irrelevant anyhow

downthemiddle
    Free Member

My Epic came in just under 26lb stock its taken a fair bit of upgrading to reach 24 ish it is now, top end Roval wheels, tubeless setup, stems bar, chainset, cassette all upgraded to lighter stuff. Did i mention its for sale 😉
    I’ll get my coat

Taff
    Free Member

Can’t link right now, as on mobile, but Pedalon have got some bargains on 2011 Anthems. £1,600 for an X2!

I saw those, it’s a massive shame I’m too big for this

Taff
    Free Member

I’d also be very surprised if that was possible at that cost.

and I would’ve been able to prove it as that’s what I just went to try out but 24hours later and they’ve still not bothered to take it out of the box!!

Taff
    Free Member

As I’ve just bought it I’m going to say the Epic is looking pretty good. Bought from Cycle Surgery for £1800 down from
    £2500! Bargain for me and 0%

davefw
    Free Member

Not anymore 😀 I bought the medium one on Saturday.

FuzzyWuzzy

Think I’d go with the Anthem having ridden one but the Canyon or a Cube are worth considering.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Light and capable 100mm travel full suss’ is closed to new replies.