Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Lidl workstands
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

just picked mine up!! happy days

Rosss
    Free Member

Picked mine up from Lichfield at half 5. They sold plenty but there are still 6 left if they sold out elsewhere

donks
    Free Member

Was about to part with 30 quit when i realized that for the last 20 years i have either turned the bike upside down or just lent it against the wall and done whatever was needed. I have a single speed so no gears to fettle and I guess I just thought whats the point?? Bike work shops I understand but by the time I have dug the stand out of the garage and set the bike up in it I would have done what ever bit of minor fettling was needed and been riding away…….still look good for 30 quid though 🙂

beanieripper
    Free Member

right on the money donks..

andyl
    Free Member

I bought one expecting it to be rubbish but its actually very well finished. Yes the blue knobs are cheap looking and the clamp is not brilliant as it needs a QR and the little feet are bound to break but for £30 I am impressed. I recently had the brown aluminium Bike Hand type one which was very disapointing (too much flex) and a steel fold up one which had play in the head.

I was tempted to go buy a Feedback Sports one – either the black cheaper (£110) one of of the more expensive red ones but I think I will replace the blue knobs with either some nice alloy ones or some nice QRs and then sort something out with the clamp.

jimster
    Free Member

Again I say – are you not suppossed to be clamping the seatpost?

Can you not just turn the 360 deg clamp 90 deg so that it’s vertical?

andyl
    Free Member

TurnerGuy – Member
    Again I say – are you not suppossed to be clamping the seatpost?

well looking at the pic there is not enough seat tube to clamp and I doubt that frame has any fancy butting!

But yes, obviously you just rotate the clamp and clamp the seat post.

Sometimes for a light job it is easier to keep the clamp horizontal and just place the bike well balanced and then lower the clamp gently to stop it falling off. No heavy clamping needed.

z1ppy

jimster – Member

Can you not just turn the 360 deg clamp 90 deg so that it’s vertical?

My friend bought one last year, and says though great value, the clamp won’t stay rotated when trying to clamp the seatpost once a bike is loaded onto it. Minor modification may well resolve this though.

RustyMac

z1ppy

Tell your friend to have a look on page 1 of this thread for my post regarding clothed back sand paper (the flexable stuff from B and Q) between the plastic parts and the stand. And kayak23 post on what he did to prevent rotation of the clamp.

hope these work for for your friend.

parkesie
    Free Member

Picked one up this morning £30 and it actually holds my bike without falling over. More than happy.

andyl
    Free Member

I am tempted to cut mine down a bit to make it pack up smaller. Could loose a good 10″ off the tubes and still be a decent height. Especially as you don’t need the legs all the way out – it is a lot more stable than it looks in the pics.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I picked one up today

Well chuffed holds my 456 up a beaut

£30 no complaints here

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Lidl workstands’ is closed to new replies.