Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Lg nexus 4 – any reasons not to?
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

Not bothered about google knowing what I’m up to. Any reason not to get one? Also where can I get one cheap? 🙂

Houns

Samsung S4 along soon, also HTC M7

chojin
    Free Member

I have a brand new Nexus 4 8GB for sale if you’re interested?

It’s been out of the box once just to have a play. Save yourself £15 on the Play Store price and not have to wait a few weeks for delivery 🙂

daveh
    Free Member

Nope, they’re most lovely. Google play is the only place you’ll get one cheap, assuming you mean to buy as opposed to get on contract.

daveh
    Free Member

and not have to wait a few weeks for delivery

😕

muggomagic

Buy one from Google play store. I bought one Thursday and it arrived Friday so there seems to be no stock issues at the minute.

So far I’m really impressed with it.

greeble
    Free Member

Do it!.
    I bought mine back in early December when my old phones contract was due. I’m now on a sim only deal with orange for £10.50 with the same minutes/data/texts as my old £35 a month contract.
    its the fastest phone out there. its slick and very very very nice.
    I worked out that if you pay £35 a month on a 2 year contract yet get the same data/texts and minutes as a £10.50 a month contract the rest was going to pay for the phone. which over a 24 month period is…. a total of £588! consider that

Karl33to
    Free Member

They’re fantastic, just get one. If you decide to wait there will always be another better phone around the corner.

greeble
    Free Member

for the price? don’t think so

josh1982
    Free Member

My wife’s turns off when she charges it……that’s a reason, also drops network a lot ……….that’s also a reason. Other than that mint!

Karl33to
    Free Member

New Google phone is already in the pipeline apparently, so potentially yes ‘for the price’ there may be a better one on the way sometime soon.

chvck
    Free Member

It’s 5.5″ bloody inches!

Karl33to
    Free Member

Wow, we’re gonna need a bigger pocket.

toby1

It’s a great phone, buy now 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

There is always something better in the pipeline. If you wanted to wait for something better you would still have a Nokia 402!

Bimbler
    Free Member

Writing this from mine, things I don’t like, lowish storage, camera not as good as much of the competition (but still the best I’ve had), no proper led notification. Other than that it’s great, altogether in a different league to my old Desire, for the price it’s a steal, amortising the cost of the phone over two years I’ve got unlimited everything for £20ish a month.

hunta

LED notification – can’t see what else you’d want… Install Lightflow (free).

tinribz
    Free Member

No 4g and no SD? Shame, I like LGs’.

BearBack
    Free Member

No 4g and no SD? Shame, I like LGs

LTE enable’able in software apparently
    No SD.. neither’s an iphone, you can always stream or connect a thumb drive with otg cable if you’re really stuck or work in the clouds 😉

As above, decent contractless phone.. mine shipped yesterday – with a Nexus 7 to keep it company in transit 😉

My wife’s turns off when she charges it……that’s a reason, also drops network a lot ……….that’s also a reason. Other than that mint!

My Optimus 2x did that until I sent it back for repair.. was very unimpressed by LG at that point.. been more that fine since I had it fixed.

petefromearth

Mine’s nice. The phone itself is uber fast and jelly bean Android is very slick compared to my last phone (gingerbread).

Size wise I was worried I might find it too bulky, but actually it’s just about OK because it’s quite thin

I got mine on a contract during the “nexus drought”, and the deal I ended up with is about the same total cost as buying it and going sim only. Check out one of the bargain basement phone websites and try getting your network to match it – worked for me.

There’s a few annoying things of course, such as Google now, which is not quite clever enough to be useful yet (although it’s spooky what it already knows about you!) but it often pops up when you don’t want it to

All in all I’m pretty happy with mine

muggomagic

So I’ve been awake for a few hours, bored so I’ve been sat here playing with my phone and setting up all the widgets on the home screens.

What do you think?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You can turn off the location settings and Google Now. In fact there are many ways to stop the evil empire from running it’s grubby fingers through your data.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Muggo thanks for the headache 😛

muggomagic

It’s no wonder I struggle to get a good nights sleep!

It is it actually a very nice NASA image of the sun. I like it as it matches my choice of ties.

petefromearth

Has anyone found a way of disabling the swipe action for Google now? I.e. swipe up from home button

Gets annoying when browsing and scrolling etc

Muggo what home screen software are you using?

muggomagic

The clock and weather are “HD widgets” and the power controls are “power toggles”. The power toggles app is free and very good as you can select from loads of different buttons.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Lg nexus 4 – any reasons not to?’ is closed to new replies.