Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lezyne Shock Drive 400psi Shock Pump review
  • stwhannah

This Lezyne Shock Drive 400psi is very much a premium – and reassuringly chunky – affair. Capable of going all the way up to 400psi.

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

Lezyne Shock Drive 400psi Shock Pump review

dc1988

Does anyone do a shock pump with a decent grip for both hands? This looks like the handle is good but not the barrel. I tend to find shock pumps are a pain to use when you start getting near 300psi and you can’t get a good purchase on them

zerocool

I have one and it works great.

Kramer
    Free Member

I have to say that with the sensitivity of modern forks and shocks to set-up conditions, I much prefer the precision of a digital shock pump, and use a lifeline one.

Getting consistent pressures with an analogue pump is nye on impossible IME.

sharkattack

Also a Lifeline digital user here. It’s the same one you can buy branded as Fox or Rock Shox for £100. I won’t go back to a clockwork gauge now.

mashr

dc1988
    Does anyone do a shock pump with a decent grip for both hands?

Lezyne are particularly good at forgetting that people need to hold shock pumps. I had one* of their digital ones, but gave up after they both fell apart

*two

mrchrist

Wtf are people pumping up to 400psi?

bigyan
    Free Member

Wtf are people pumping up to 400psi?

Rear shock IFP. Some high pressure shock pumps (600psi) are also require a lot less force at normal shock pressures than a 300psi pump, so easier to use.

rickon
    Free Member

My one of these lasted a couple of years before the seal went. I suspect it was due to the way you’re forced to hold the pump them inflating, which is the grab the dial, and when pumping it then rocks against the shaft putting pressure on the seal.

It was ok. It looks nice. But the basic ones you get with a fork are much nicer to use and last longer.

zerocool

Do people not just hold on to the shaft when they use the pump?

nickc

Getting consistent pressures with an analogue pump is nye on impossible IME.

I use a Topeak one, the pocketshox and it’s very easy to get consistency with it despite it’s analogue dial. I think it’s probs more to do with build quality than read-out method. Perhaps the Lifeline pump is just well made?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.