Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Levin/Brightstar HID Bulbs
  • brassneck

Twatted my HID against a tree, and took the bulb out ^^
    Anyone know where I can source a replacement bulb? superstar used too, but spares appear to have vanished from their website…

Failing that, anyone know if Lumicycle HIDs or LEDs would work with a 12v supply rather than the standard 14.4? Yes, I will ask them anyway, but opinions welcome 🙂

woody2000

Almost certainly a Welch Allyn bulb I’d have thought – http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2204

Not cheap!

z1ppy

I’d buy a P7 torch instead of spending £60 on a replacment HID bulb… then either sell your levin kit on fleabay or make a LED system out of it.

The P7 is brighter than any HID I’ve seen, and has a ‘life’ expectancy a lt longer than any HID lamp.

Del

NOT a welch allyn i’m afraid.

brassneck

Hmm, I’ve got a P7 torch, and whilst in theory it’s brighter, and it certainly isn’t bad, the HID has more depth to it. I reckon the new quad emitter lights would (over)compensate for it and would be my preferred choice hence the Lumi question.. but if I could pick up a new bulb for £40 ish then I’d repair the Levin. Problem is I’ve got a 5200mAH 12v LiON battery with smart charger, car charger and head mount sat around idle, and I’d like to reuse them. Only option I’m sure of is a 12v Halogen 20w, which seems a bit lightweight these days 🙁

brassneck

That said, if anyone has a link to a DIY LED project I could convert to this voltage I’m all ears!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Levin/Brightstar HID Bulbs’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM