Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Let's have another tyre debate
  • flashes
    Free Member

I'm riding a rigid hardtail SS, currently Trailraker front and Wildgripper rear. I'm riding the Bristol Bikefest course, so wet mud, gloopy mud and wet rocks and roots. The rear spins, so I'm after someting that'll get through mud but grip on wet roots. Does it exist???????????? oh and I hhave to cycle on the road to get there…………
    Cheers

ton

kenda klaw

TheSanityAssassin

Schwalbe Mythical

sheldona
    Free Member

At the weekend in the Forest of Dean I was using Trailraker fr & rr on the SS, no issues with grip at all. It was muddy and slushy with snow.

juan
    Free Member

I have heard you can find such tyres at the shadow of the moon on the stick the week of the 3 wednesday.

Jase
    Free Member

Bonty Mud X

LoCo
    Free Member

+1 mud X

tazzymtb

kenda-king of traction is good or if you absolutely must get through sticky gloop, nothing beats a 1.9 trailraker on the back. It cuts through and then sticks like poo to a blanket.
    For all round winter use bonty mud x's are good so if you've got roads to cycle on and you don't want to sound like a tractor that's probably the best compromise

flashes
    Free Member

I agree the trailraker is great in mud, but I'm not convinced it would be good on the rear on wet roots. It's a pretty mixed course…………

epicsteve
    Free Member

Specialized Storm Control. My routes are currently a mix of roots and mud and these have coped very well.

goonie
    Free Member

I would have to agree with the bonty mud x im running 1.8s front and rear and they are doin the buisness

JB
    Free Member

Another vote for the Mud X here too..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Grip on wet roots?

jordie
    Free Member

Ok then for summer this one on my 29er Conti Race King,Racing Ralphs or Kenda small block of 8

juan
    Free Member

Yes al but as I said that kind of tyres is easy to find 😉

DSB
    Free Member

maxxis medusa 2.1 xception, rear rocks in gloop and the slippery evil that is nidd gorge and is pretty quick on the hard stuff too…and maxxis HR 2.35 kevlar up front make a crackin combo …all IMHO of course 😀

flashes
    Free Member

DSB, Yep that's a poss, I have heard good things about them. I know nothing of Bonti Mud X but sound's worth looking in to….
    thanks guys……….

edhornby

michelin XC AT 2.0s tenner a pop from on-one

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Let's have another tyre debate’ is closed to new replies.