Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Let's all laugh at some Dutchish folks falling off their bikes!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    IanMunro
    Free Member

What really caught me eye was how slender all the people on the bikes were compared to the typical lardy Britishers.

Lummox

some great ‘saves’ by a few

noteeth
    Free Member

Yeah, some moto skillz in evidence.

carbon337
    Free Member

some toward the end have had some skills training.

Bimbler
    Free Member

What really caught me eye was how slender all the people on the bikes were compared to the typical lardy Britishers.

Innit though, on holiday in Italy in a predominantly Italian resort a couple of years ago the missus and I felt like relative bloaters on the beach. I’m 1.86m (6’1) and 80ish kg (about 13st) and the missus is 5’8 and about 9.5 stone. We kind of got used to the people over there and when we flew back to Stansted most people just seemed kinda fat and bloaty.

Olly
    Free Member

1:34 wins.

Dutch chicks are loooverly 😉

Pook

to be honest 0:35 was never going to make it anyway!

lipseal
    Free Member

SO…looks like the person that’s filmed that went out with a load of water put it over the floor so it froze and tried to kill cyclists. FFS

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers, that’s really given me some confidence for the ride home 🙁

CashCowell
    Free Member

*rubs hands*

Can’t wait for Xmas You’ve Been Framed! 😆

naokfreek
    Free Member

Great stuff…nearly had a similar moment on Tottenham Ct Road a week or so ago, back wheel went awol on ice…saved it just!

ourmaninthenorth

Rather more elegant ice-induced dismounts than the one I did in front of a pair of middle aged dog walkers on Sunday.

And it’s true – the Dutch are more svelte, but mainly because they’re all 10 feet tall.

tragically1969
    Free Member

And it’s true – the Dutch are more svelte, but mainly because they’re all 10 feet tall

Because they didn’t have a generation of young people and hence the gene pool wiped out in the 1st and 2nd world war, so i read somewhere….maybe….

markenduro
    Free Member

It’s those silly big wheels and daft handlebars they are all riding with that is causing it. Good job none of them were wearing helmets else there would have been fatalities if some of the people off here are to be believed…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Because they didn’t have a generation of young people and hence the gene pool wiped out in the 1st and 2nd world war, so i read somewhere….maybe….

nah… the British were short before the first world war, Churchill noted it and started some action to improve diets during WW1

noteeth
    Free Member

They have failed to observe the correct STW protocols: full body armour + skills training day + lengthy thread on weighting the outside pedal.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Loving the high side near the beginning 8)

CashCowell
    Free Member

‘They have failed to observe the correct STW protocols: full body armour + skills training day + lengthy thread on weighting the outside pedal. ‘

Surely they should be using the inside edge of the pavement as a berm??

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Part of me thinks they deserve it for riding the bikes they have. God, dutch bikes are awful.

Gary_C

SO…looks like the person that’s filmed that went out with a load of water put it over the floor so it froze and tried to kill cyclists. FFS

So, you know that for sure do you ?? 🙄

br
    Free Member

A Dutch colleague who I sat next to for a few years was very proud of the tallness of his countryfolk – all due to diet and exercise he reckoned. And having spent a fair time working there, not wrong.

TrentSteel
    Free Member

Wow that bend outside my house is dangerous I should:-

1. Grit it before anyone gets hurt
    2. Film people getting hurt

coastkid
    Free Member

Having dated a Dutch Girl lately i can confirm there slimness 😮
    There was some good saves there… 😮
    Wonder if one of them involved on that corner see`s this film and goes back and puts in the film makers window 😆

There bikes are awful basic because they are just transport,
    so reliability and function over looks 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

WOT NO HELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nickname
    Free Member

Some of them attack the corner at such speed i doubt they would stop if there was zero ice 😯

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Let's all laugh at some Dutchish folks falling off their bikes!’ is closed to new replies.