Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Les Mills’ Body Pump class – obvs Will I die?
  • oldtennisshoes

Thought I’d give it a go. Anyone done it?
    Ta

Tracey

I go a couple of times a week as well as doing other classes, think it has helped with the biking and upper body strength. You will be fine, I think.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Depends.

How many bodies  do you need to pump?

Philby

I’ve done it for years. An hour class will follow a set routine with a few different moves within each routine and usually a change of speed. A typical one hour class will be as follows: warm-up; squats; chest; back; triceps; biceps; lunges; shoulders; abs; warm-down / stretches – a 45 minute class will probably combine some of the sets e.g. triceps and biceps. They change the releases every 3 months or so which can make a particular track much harder / easier than on the previous release. Don’t do what many guys do and try and use the same size weights as you would in the gym – I’ve seen a few embarrassed guys having to drop the weight mid-track. Also try and focus on getting the technique right – I’ve seen quite a few people in the classes I do get the technique wrong e.g. deadlift or clean & press which sometimes the instructor doesn’t pick up. Overall its an enjoyable and time efficient way to improve and maintain your fitness.

martinhutch

Misread that as ‘Les Mis Body Pump’. Which would have been a novelty.

Northwind

martinhutch

Subscriber

Misread that as ‘Les Mis Body Pump’. Which would have been a novelty.

Will you join in our crusade who would be strong and pump with me

oldtennisshoes

Well I did it and it was good. I have a feeling I’m going to ache tomorrow. Result!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Les Mills’ Body Pump class – obvs Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.