Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Les Arcs in September? Lifts open? Weather worry
  • Matinmidiswa
    Free Member

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend if Les Arcs is advisable in September, from 7th on? Will the weather be unreliable, or will the lifts be closed and hence mean a lot of pushing up hills?

What about heading straight for Val d'Allos to guarantee sunshine-ish?

Any help much appreciated,
    M.

mikey74
    Free Member

I went end of August/early September, with Bike Village: The weather was great, but none of the lifts were open. There was alot of riding up the road.

goog
    Free Member

For summer 2009, the Les Arcs lift system will be open from Saturday June 27th to Sunday 30th August

RichPenny
    Free Member

My lift timetable runs to 29/08, so I'd guess that's when they shut. Trail Addiction do van uplifting in september, I would highly recommend them.

stevomcd
    Free Member

The weather round here in September is generally pretty good. A little cooler than July & August, so less chance of thunderstorms. Like a nice summer's day in the UK.

We'll be running van-uplift that week as well.

Kramer
    Free Member

I'm really looking forward to being out with you the week after next, have been trying to get a few training rides in to cope with the lack of chairlifts.

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

I was in Les Arcs last week (with Stevomcd and The White room as it goes) and got sunburn on the back of my legs, can't imagine it'll be arctic!

P.S. Steve and Iona at the white room are great BTW 😀

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Spent the last fortnight out there with Trail Addiction. The lifts close at the end of this week, but they do a fortnight of back country stuff with van uplifts afterwards.

Highly recommended btw…

steveh

Another vote for trail addiction from me. If you're already out there they may be able to sort you out with guiding uplift etc if they have space.

If not and you're on your own, i wouldn't to be honest. You won't find the good trails, will have to pedal up hill for hours and generally it won't be that great.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ignore the people saying you wont find good trails without a guide, unless you've no sense of adventure and only want to do a single down in a day. I've been there 4 times now for a total of 9 weeks and had a great time every time, found plenty of trails other than the mapped ones on my own just by turning off and trying them.

That said, without the lifts/van uplifting you're going to be one tired bunny and sick and tired after 2 runs per day, just not worth it IMO.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Les Arcs in September? Lifts open? Weather worry’ is closed to new replies.