Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Les Angles bike park – anyone been?
  • timnwild

Got a day to ride on a holiday later this year – anyone been? Bike hire, levels of gnar that kind of thing.

Much appreciated.

scottfitz
    Free Member

I have been, is good fun for a day or two not to much gnar they have a blue trail which can be done by most and a green that can be ridden by anyone. I had my bike not sure about hire. Also went for a nice ride with the wife around the lake.

http://www.bike-park-66.com/plan.shtml

atlaz
    Free Member

There’s also Andorra and Ax les 3 Domaines bike parks to go to VERY close by

scottfitz
    Free Member

There’s also Andorra and Ax les 3 Domaines bike parks to go to VERY close by

Yep i did both Bike parks in andorra and la molina bike park in spain all very good.

timnwild

Thanks – driving from Port Vendres on the East Coast, so Les Angles looks like the nearest.

scottfitz
    Free Member

closest is Les Angles then la molina

La molina is bigger: http://www.konabikeworld.com/08_bikeparks_lamolina.htm

I would go for Les Angles thought.

ianv
    Free Member

they have a blue trail which can be done by most

Not sure about this, the blue dh trails are the hardest blues I have ridden anywhere in France. Grading in general is at least one colour out (the red is harder than the WC piste in Andorra for example and the blue Izengarde would be a hard red anywhere else)

Good little park though, trails are pretty long and the uplift is fast.

Bike hire seemed to be Scott/Commencal or Decathlon.

timnwild

Yay – thanks folks. Appreciate the help.

scottfitz
    Free Member

they have a blue trail which can be done by most

Not sure about this, the blue dh trails are the hardest blues I have ridden anywhere in France. Grading in general is at least one colour out (the red is harder than the WC piste in Andorra for example and the blue Izengarde would be a hard red anywhere else)
    I was on a DH rig so maybe harder on a trail bike. I didn’t think they were much harder than the blues at Grandvalira Bike park in Andorra.

Anyway have fun Timnwild.

kayak23

Les Angles is really good. They have some very different trails there. The blue I remember being a bit mental in one bit where you go right out on an exposed cliff on boardwalk (it has a barrier) and then plunge down steep back into dirt and rocks.

I had lots of bike issues sadly when I rode there so spent a lot of time in the bike shops of which there are several a short walk from the lift station. Tons of hire bikes about, take your pick.

La Molina

abductee
    Free Member

The blue I remember being a bit mental in one bit where you go right out on an exposed cliff on boardwalk (it has a barrier) and then plunge down steep back into dirt and rocks.

This?

http://flv.mediabase.fr/medias/bikepark.swf

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Les Angles bike park – anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.