Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Length of service at work ?? .. whats yours ?
  • lazlo53
    Free Member

just received my long service award, 40 years, but I'll be f*****g off to North Cape in two years (if Moira lets me)

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

5 years running this company, 2 years running the previous one, about 18 months max before that when working for others – I finally took the hint…

Edric64
    Free Member

Self employed for 12 years I could never work for anyone else now

footflaps

Really surprised at the length of service on this post.

10 years myself, although I did run away for 6 months before coming back to the fold.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

5 years for me (not bad at 26!)

Did work with a guy who started at 15 so had 50yrs at retirement! Ker-azy

ton

the wifes grandad started work aged 15 at the yorkshire copper works in leeds.
    his best friend started there too on the same day.
    they worked in differant workshops.
    they both retired on the same day aged 65 yrs old.
    and in all the time they worked there, they never saw each other at work.

he told me that over 10000 people worked there in it's heyday.

bighendo
    Free Member

my mate rang me and asked if i wanted 2 days casual work
    2 days turned into 10
    then i was offered full time post
    hell, that was in `85
    …….still there!!!

MicArms

13.5 years in the R.A.F, and just clocked up 10 with latest employer. last 15 years doing 2days, 2 nights 4 days off shift pattern.

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

1 month, its brilliant, should really be working though

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

93-01, 4 different jobs, max 2 years and one redundancy.

01-present, self employed, not sure I could ever work for anybody else (probably unemployable anyway)

KonaTC

Only 32 years so far and apart from a few months enjoyed every minute of it

yossarian
    Free Member

2 and a halfs years with current employer
    7 with the one before
    Before that I took the view that working was a bit silly

I think I am going to go full circle

mc
    Free Member

10years 10months 2days.

Technology is forever changing, and I enjoy certain parts of the job, but it is starting to grind me down (mainly cause I seem to end up with others shit because they can't be bothered, yet nothing is ever said about their incompetence to even manage simple jobs).
    It's certainly not what I want to spend the next 30years doing, but the benefits and pension make it a hard job to leave :-/

Dibbs
    Free Member

37 years on September 3rd (only 35 years in the pension scheme though).

mmb
    Free Member

crikey! looking at some of these replies i feel like a part-timer i've only been at my current workplace 5yrs and 18mths of that was with an agency( the boss couldn't make his mind up!)and thats my longest period of employment ever!.

jj55

29 years this year, only came as a temp! – and now praying that the public sector cuts will give me a way out……… sick to death of the way the Department is going!

Yet1man

16 Years in the same company (though through several name and overall colour changes). Did my apprenticeship there and always maintained once I'd completed that and got a few years experience I was emigrating to Canadia. Started earning gooood money on call out, joined the great pension scheme and haven't managed to make the break yet !! Although with the way the company is going/being run, I may do soon, just to retain some sense of sanity !

mattsccm
    Free Member

My uncle did 51 years minus a day for the forestry commision. started the day after his 14th birthday and they made him go on the first Friday he happened to be 65. His birthday!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Third job since leaving school in 1974 – never been out of work either – current job 17yrs.

4ndyB
    Free Member

current job 4 months & counting

Most time at one company 7 years 11 months, would probably still be there if they'd not shut down due to the excellent salary meaning I'd never have become a LBS spanner monkey, worse pay much better job 😀

Flaperon

3 months. Though the 3-on, 3-off shift pattern isn't too bad once you get used to the 4am starts.

postierich
    Free Member

12 years on the Post out of 28 working years,feel like a change might go bike guiding for a year or so!
    Had the nod I think the other half has had enough of me 😕

shooterman

Longest was 3.5 years. One day done so far with current employer.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

36 years, started at 16 🙂 3 years to retirement at 55 but will start new job then. TBH I have really enjoyed it and still am.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Length of service at work ?? .. whats yours ?’ is closed to new replies.