Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Leith/Holmbury Hill Conditions
  • alexb17
    Free Member

Anyone know what the conditions are like up at Leith/Holmbury Hill? Heading up there on Sat and I imagine it will be muddy. Will be doing Summer Lightning, BKB, Youghurt Pots, Telegraph and Waggledance (if I can find it). Any other decent bits of singletrack that I don’t know about?

Cheers,

Alex.

faz083
    Free Member

muddy, sandy, wet.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Rained solid for almost 2 weeks. Ground is wet on top but solid under it, however its pretty sloppy and cuts up easily.

LordOnOne
    Free Member

It’ll still be pretty slippery there but I saw a dust cloud at one point today on the South Downs, the wind is doing a fantastic job.

Digger90
    Free Member

Do you know what Chocolate Mousse is like?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Do you know what Chocolate Mousse is like?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI1diD4joz4[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

It was wet last weekend and wetter on Tuesday and its rained solidly all week particularly Wed (heavy rain from 7am to 4pm) and Thur.

Holmbury generally drains better than Leith although Summer Lightening is in a fairly dry spot, Waggledance and trails in that part of the woods will be boggy (East of Tower/Cricket Pitch and down to Coldharbour). YP will have very big puddles and should probably be avoided. BKB they are doing maint on (new lines) and will be shut Sunday, open Sat though.

Alex drop me an email

Andy

freeridenick
    Free Member

well considering the Pippbrook burst its banks pretty wet!

mashiehood
    Free Member

well, im going to brave it – put on the Dirty Dans, so hoping it wont be too bad!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Have fun – its wet! Is Waggledance the route down to the start of SL past Deliverance?

mashiehood
    Free Member

well, that was hideous – bailed half ways as its grim outside!

NigE5
    Free Member

Just keep off untill it drys out, all the trails are just to wet.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Played tennis then watched tennis instead – too wet to ride responsibly. Wonder what will happen with Peaslake MTBO tomorrow. I hope they are sensible….

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Wouldn’t have thought the Peaslake MTBO will have a huge impact as it will be a relatively small amount of people over a wide area, all following different routes. And the organisers are local so will probably not put checkpoints in the very worst bits.

I’d imagine today’s Wiggle Ups and Downs MTB ride will have had more impact, as everyone will go the same way.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Having been stuck indoors most of the week and today it’s hard to imagine Sunday is forecast to be the worst of it !

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I was going to enter the mtbo but agree with Nig. Best stay off the trails in these conditions.. Very frustrating.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Yes I was going to do it as well, probably riding to and from Farnborough either side of it for an epic day out. But I don’t think my bike and I are up for quite such an epic day as the weather promises!

Big shame, as I thoroughly enjoyed the last event they put on.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Leith/Holmbury Hill Conditions’ is closed to new replies.