• This topic has 2,500 replies, 263 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 2,501 total)
  • Legal advice please – cancelling a new car dispute
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

You’re wasting your time, JY – she ignores anything which gets close to legal reality

She could of course counter this easily with the proof that they did approve them and then no one will consider her a liar. It certainly what i would do if i had the proof and what i said was true.

sharkbait
    Free Member

What is also of concern is you have reportedly quoted private messages on a public internet forum, which is a breach of data protection.

I don’t see how as no personal information (name, address, phone number or any other information that can be linked to a specific person) has been posted.
    Happy to be corrected though.

ambientcoast
    Free Member

Poopscoop. How old are you? You genuinely sound like you’re about 14.

Your jumped up posts are fast becoming the things I’m looking forward to most about this thread.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Are you claiming that we have no idea who sent that e-mail ?

Its entirely random and could have come from anyone?

I am not sure re DPA as I missed most of this thread and dont actually know what is being discussed – not that I am letting lack of knowledge prevent me from having an opinion – why should i when no one else is 😉

aracer
    Free Member

😆

geordiemick00
    Free Member

ADMIN REQUEST

How can I change my user name to ‘Shady Prick’?? 😆

Splash-man
    Free Member

Jeez – is there any chance we can actually get this resolved so I can get on with some work rather than reading the posts which seem to be multiplying like rabbits.
    Reckon its already cost me more than £500+VAT in lost work time alone….

Poopscoop

Ah, I see Andy, the old memory returned!

Glad to know our resident go to guy for ethics and morality advice is now back with us. Phew.

Must add I’m a little surprised you played the old “I can’t remember the long post I typed that got removed” card, but hey-ho.

So off to do the old volunteer work for the UN clearing minefields in Bosnia later today then? You old ethical tyke you? 🙂

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Just read all the pages now, but while sat on the loo, so lost all feeling in my legs.

I am confused now about the original point of the thread.

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Not often I can offer real help but after skim reading this thread (working backwards from page 26),I came across:

outofbreath

Nah, small claims court is pretty relaxed and informal, almost like arbitration. No need for a lawyer and critically, no costs are awarded

Might have been covered in another post but the bit about “no costs are awarded” may not be entirely correct.

HTH

legend
    Free Member

It doesn’t alter your positron in the thread

You must’ve been panicking before you got to that bit!

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah twas, a few posts after…

rene59
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

So Poop is either Fred, Ling’s sock puppet account (playing the looong game) or Mick’s second cousin.

But I feel Ling should just post what’s been asked.

In the spirit of openness etc.

sadexpunk

every now and then i have to go back to the ‘chat forum’ and just remember there are other threads that exist too that may be worth a look.

anyone asking for advice on sheds, razors, energy providers, insurance, pensions or even bikes have picked a bad time to ask 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

I suspect that Ling might have been mrsfry all along.

Poopscoop

Must ask, who is Fred?

wwaswas

Must ask, who is Fred?

You are and I claim my £5!

perchypanther
    Free Member

You are and I claim my £5!

£500 + VAT

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Glad I didn’t confuse matters any more.

Good luck to all on the thread. looks like a long weekend.

Poopscoop

No really, who is he? 🙂

gobuchul
    Free Member

anyone asking for advice on sheds, razors, energy providers, insurance, pensions or even bikes have picked a bad time to ask

Tell me about it.

I need some help with Payment Card Industry Security Standard registration but no responses yet.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I LOVE this place. This threads got it all.

andyrm
    Free Member

Ah, I see Andy, the old memory returned!

Glad to know our resident go to guy for ethics and morality advice is now back with us. Phew.

Must add I’m a little surprised you played the old “I can’t remember the long post I typed that got removed” card, but hey-ho.

So off to do the old volunteer work for the UN clearing minefields in Bosnia later today then? You old ethical tyke you?

Never been a case of selective memory, but if you don’t throw me a bone as to which of my posts you have taken exception to (until your PM), how am I meant to know which one you don’t like? I’m **** good at a lot of things but sadly mindreading falls outside my skillset! 😆 😆

As for the post – just did a quick search using the forum search bar now I know what I’m looking for (search term: “shady prick”) and it’s still there:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/legal-advice-please-cancelling-a-new-car-dispute/page/20#post-8805143

Hope that clarifies things 🙂

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

I need some help with Payment Card Industry Security Standard registration but no responses yet.

I like to help, but as proved by my attempt up there —^ well, I’m afraid I’m of no use to you.

Sorry.

wwaswas

£500 + VAT

I missed a trick with that one 🙁

outofbreath
    Free Member

“no costs are awarded” may not be entirely correct.

I should have said no legal costs. The other side can’t spend £350,000 on represention and claim it back so it’s pretty low risk.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/small-claims-court

Expenses can be awarded against you if you lose

You shouldn’t have the other party’s lawyer’s fees awarded against you – but you could find yourself paying certain expenses of theirs if you lose, and you won’t get the court fees back. You’ll have to pay within 14 days of the hearing, but you can ask for more time to pay the costs and anything else by instalments once the court has seen full details of your income, expenses, assets and liabilities. You could end up paying:

£90/day For loss of earnings or leave to attend a hearing, plus reasonable travelling expenses for each of the other side and any necessary witnesses they take along to court.

£750 If the judge gave them permission to get evidence from an expert, eg, having to get an expert to inspect a sofa for a fault.

curto80
    Free Member

Does anyone have any idea what we are still arguing about? We’ve gone round in circles so many times I’m not sure I can stand up.

Poopscoop

Right guys and gal, I really must get on and return to this later.

That said I expect Mr Ethics will be along soon to retail you (blah, I’ll leave that typo) with tales of daring deed done for no other reason than he is, well, ethical. 🙂

Ling, just want you to know you are still my little Darth Vader of the car leasing world and I’ll be back later. 😉

Andy can be Han Solo till I return. He bagged it lat night in a post he forgot.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Does anyone have any idea what we are still arguing about?

We’ve gone past arguing at teatime yesterday.
    What we have now is flirting and voyuerism.

scotroutes

curto80 – Member
    Does anyone have any idea what we are still arguing about? We’ve gone round in circles so many times I’m not sure I can stand up.

Well, there’s the deleted post that’s still there.

Maybe we should put it in a box with the cat.

kelron
    Free Member

No idea, but please don’t stop now

angeldust
    Free Member

The OP and Ling must be delighted that Poopscoop’s contributions has made neither of them look the most insane/delusional person on this thread! 🙂

wwaswas

Mr Ethics will be along soon to retail you with tales of daring deed done

I bet the retail price is £500+vat.

sharkbait
    Free Member

every now and then i have to go back to the ‘chat forum’ and just remember there are other threads that exist too that may be worth a look

me too punky but it’s all a bit black and white compared to the glorious technicolor here.

I see a TV docudrama based on a ‘true story’, probably CH5 though so no-one will see it 🙁

I wonder if the OP might have not been invoiced if he’d kept his fingers quiet and not come on here looking for a way out?
    Bit late now!

stumpy01

Jamie – Member
    I thought Jaffa cakes were apricot jam?

Can’t believe no one has picked up on this!

Jaffa cakes. Apricot Jam?!

Shirley, the clue is in the name!?
    They’re orange….

andyrm
    Free Member

That said I expect Mr Ethics will be along soon to retail you (blah, I’ll leave that typo) with tales of daring deed done for no other reason than he is, well, ethical.

Ling, just want you to know you are still my little Darth Vader of the car leasing world and I’ll be back later.

Andy can be Han Solo till I return. He bagged it lat night in a post he forgot.

Well I’m truly stumped now.

Have you read my reply? If you don’t let me know which post you don’t like, how am I meant to know which one you mean, even more so remember it?

Even my wife isn’t that vague with her hints…… 😆

JackHammer

Waiting for OP to take down the lease hire purchase system, crash the car industry, expedite hard brexit and unltimately start a recession.

I think that’s the plan anyway.

ling
    Free Member

Poopscoop – Member

Ling, just want you to know you are still my little Darth Vader of the car leasing world and I’ll be back later.

I know, I know.

I ressurected my old homepage for you, here, but some javascript broken.

My old Cars in Space page…
    … because I can do this stuff.

– Ling

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

outofbreath – Member

“no costs are awarded” may not be entirely correct.

I should have said no legal costs.

*sucks through teeth. Puffs. Blows.*

Well…

“The only solicitor’s costs you can claim in the small claims track are:

….

the costs of legal advice and preparing the case up to £260 if you are claiming that the trader must put something right, rather than pay you compensation. This is called specific performance”

Is that a legal cost?…

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 2,501 total)

The topic ‘Legal advice please – cancelling a new car dispute’ is closed to new replies.