• This topic has 2,500 replies, 263 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 2,501 total)
  • Legal advice please – cancelling a new car dispute
  • Tiger6791

aracer – Member

I don’t think some people (like ling) realise quite what a useful source of advice STW is – most of the longtimers on here know who has real expertise

True

I successfully operated on my own toe following advice on here and saved the NHS money

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/minging-toe-bother-the-nhs

STW is full of win!

wrecker
    Free Member

Though the only person I definitively wouldn’t do business with is andyrm – I don’t like nasty people.

This is waaaay wide of the mark. So far as I can see he’s been perfectly respectful and hasn’t made it at all personal despite being called a w***** and a c*** by the OP. He’s just disagreed on ethical grounds which has a pretty sound basis.
    The only person in this thread who I never wish to meet and certainly wouldn’t do business with is the OP. He’s a classified name and shame waiting to happen and considering his aggression, if anyone deserves the nasty title, it’s him.

BoardinBob

orangespyderman

I don’t think some people (like ling) realise quite what a useful source of advice STW is – most of the longtimers on here know who has real expertise, though in general when things get serious nobody tries to BS.

I completely agree. This isn’t the same as a lot of internet places, and there is a lot of genuine expertise that has regularly been made available to people who need it. While the comment on her FB page about asking about his heart condition on a fishing forum made me laugh, this is a place I’d probably ask first about most things because I’m pretty sure I’d get a helpful and informed answer (somewhere amongst the other answers 😆 )

Poopscoop

wrecker – Member
    Though the only person I definitively wouldn’t do business with is andyrm – I don’t like nasty people.
    This is waaaay wide of the mark. So far as I can see he’s been perfectly respectful and hasn’t made it at all personal despite being called a w***** and a c*** by the OP. He’s just disagreed on ethical grounds which has a pretty sound basis.
    The only person in this thread who I never wish to meet and certainly wouldn’t do business with is the OP. He’s a classified name and shame waiting to happen and considering his aggression, if anyone deserves the nasty title, it’s him

Unfortunately wrecker your just seeing the response the op made to the post andy made.

Andy’s post has been removed from what I can see?

I suspect quite a few members hit the “report post” button after reading andys post. If it is all there, you will know it when you see it.

The op’s retaliatory post is tame in comparison…

Just saying.

theotherjonv

At least you admitted you lied, not a full admission granted. But it’s a start

And you did say in post 1 that if the ‘admin’ fee was legit then you were going to lie about the T&C on the finance agreement as a means to get out of it. Failure to tell that lie because of the way circumstances evolved doesn’t absolve you in my book of the moral terpitude of being prepared to tell that lie.

Unless you weren’t going to actually lie, in which case you lied about the lie……. but now I’m confusing myself. Aaargghhhh!

funkmasterp

This is epic. Can somebody get in touch with Skoda to get their side of it? See if we can push this to forty pages.

andyrm
    Free Member

I’ve not removed anything, and as far as I’m aware, if a moderator does following a complaint, I’d get a message.

But as has been said, I’ve said nothing aggressive, hate filled or otherwise, merely called out unethical (if technically legal) behaviour.

fooman

I await The Return of the Ling: One Ling to Rule Them All

5plusn8
    Free Member

aracer – Member 
    Incidentally I do still find comments like this amusing
    https://twitter.com/SiBarberPhoto/status/923597770384117761
    I don’t think some people (like ling) realise quite what a useful source of advice STW is – most of the longtimers on here know who has real expertise, though in general when things get serious nobody tries to BS. I’ve certainly employed a real lawyer from here (not one who’s on this thread) following a request for advice.

Anyway, it is only advice, where to look, he was given guidance then apparently went to a lawyer. Seems like a great service to me.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    The only person in this thread who I never wish to meet and certainly wouldn’t do business with is the OP. He’s a classified name and shame waiting to happen and considering his aggression, if anyone deserves the nasty title, it’s him.

So he’s taken the time to dig into my previous posts and found the worst to try and paint me as some sort of failure and serial time waster….

That doesn’t sit well with me at all hence my replies back in the tone they were.

He’s happy to interrogate my decisions in the past (one of them was merely purchasing a product off eBay incorrectly) and display them out for all to see to try and taint my character.

Dragging up my financial status of the past to make me look like some dead beat.

I’m in the situation i’m in now, unemployed at 43, first time in my life because I had a bit of a mental breakdown, which is now in the past and i’ve recovered and fighting to get back into employment.

The problem I have is it’s fine for people to sell their products/services with blatant disregard to consumer law but it’s clearly not acceptable for someone who uses ebay once a year to hit the button on the incorrect product. FWIW that seller cancelled the sale and sold me the correct one outside of ebay and we both won out of that deal.

Shouldn’t admit to it but when people look down on me when i’m recovering from the last two years of hell, I motivate myself by knowing fine well when i’m looking down on them when they have their moment in life that i’ll be offering the hand to help them up, not the condescending patronising person all too ready to stand on their fngers as they’re hanging from a cliff edge.

Put yourself in the same camp.

funkmasterp

While the comment on her FB page about asking about his heart condition on a fishing forum made me laugh, this is a place I’d probably ask first about most things because I’m pretty sure I’d get a helpful and informed answer

Ling is clueless about the power of the STW forum. I died last year and managed to self resuscitate after seeking advice on here. Who’s laughling now?

northernmatt

I await The Return of the Ling: One Ling to Rule Them All

She’s busy being Ling in the North of house Valentine of Low Fell.

I thought this had tailed off yesterday afternoon but it’s the thread that just keeps on giving.

outofbreath
    Free Member

So the case for the OP being in the right here is that he hasn’t broken any laws by walking away from this deal without paying the unspecified cancellation fee he agreed to.

So by that logic Ling is also in the right because she hasn’t broken any laws either. [1]

[1] She’s perfectly entitled to have a contract with an unenforceable term. She’s perfectly entitled to invoice someone for cash she doesn’t have a legal right to. [2] If she chooses to do so it’s perfectly legal for her to *try* to recover money through the small claims court, even if the OP has a strong case that he owes nothing.

[2] On this point I think most people who agreed to make a payment wouldn’t be researching the law to see if they could avoid it. They’d just pay the money they said they’d pay. I borrowed £2 for parking off a colleage yesterday. I didn’t come in this morning and say “Bad luck, there’s no enforcable contract here.”

aracer
    Free Member

Well to be pedantic (and I think we’ve got to the point in the thread where that’s almost compulsory) he didn’t say he was going to lie – it might well be that he genuinely didn’t find the T&Cs acceptable (based on more recent comms it appears he only saw them after signing the contract because of the arse backwards way ling does business).

Jakester
    Free Member

*Ding ding* round two, folks, round two!

TBH I’ve deliberated posting on this thread a couple of times, but I didn’t want to get drawn into the mire.

Now I have! Yay!

legend
    Free Member

I’m in the situation i’m in now, unemployed at 43, first time in my life because I had a bit of a mental breakdown

I thought you were unemployed because they paid you off after being too awesome?

Also, where is the M-Sport Transit now?

aracer
    Free Member

Only if she’s lying, because she claims to have got other people to pay the illegal charge.

km79
    Free Member

Poopscoop are you the bil/friend by any chance?

Andyrm isn’t the one coming out of this looking like a c***, you and the OP on the otherhand…

franksinatra

I thought you were unemployed because they paid you off after being too awesome?

So awesome they didn’t need any more sales staff for two years, but are now advertising for two sales managers.

Ling come back!

Ling
    Ling
    Ling

PiknMix
    Free Member

Damn my busy day yesterday, I’ve had to catch up on this walking to work. Trod in dog poo doing so, £500 + VAT for new ones please STW.

Poopscoop

andyrm – Member
    I’ve not removed anything, and as far as I’m aware, if a moderator does following a complaint, I’d get a message.
    But as has been said, I’ve said nothing aggressive, hate filled or otherwise, merely called out unethical (if technically legal) behaviour.

All I can add is the post I’m referring to is either gone or been edited. Was on page 21 I think a few posts before the op had simply had enough to be honest and bite back.

I’ve never had a post removed so have no idea of procedure andyrm.

You really don’t think you remember the one that provoked the op? Just as it was designed to do no doubt? It was distinctive.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Only if she’s lying, because she claims to have got other people to pay the illegal charge.

It’s not an illegal charge. It can’t be legally enforced, but it’s perfectly legal to pay it. I certainly would if I’d agreed to do so.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

So awesome they didn’t need any more sales staff for two years, but are now advertising for two sales managers.

Who are??

theotherjonv

voluntarily. Nothing illegal about asking for someone for money and them paying you, even if the reason for asking for the money has no basis in law. Just to be pedantic, like.

Plus TS and the courts have apparently said it’s OK, no even better, that they’re the best contracts they’ve ever seen and we’d be bigly better if others had as much colour, bold and capitals as these 😉

Poopscoop

km79 – Member
    Andyrm isn’t the one coming out of this looking like a c***, you and the OP on the otherhand…

Lol, no, hand on heart.

Never even knew of his tag on here till this thread.

Km79, that’s fine mate. Like i said,I don’t hold any animosity for anyone on here irrespective of the names I’m called.

theotherjonv

right, I’ve got a meeting starting, will be 30-45 mins. I’m betting – what, 2 more pages to catch up on when i’m back?

angeldust
    Free Member

You seem to have an almost palpable hate for the guy that is far more of a reflection on yourself than him from what I can see.

The most fierce palpable hate is coming from poopscoop imo

He does seem to be very angry about something he doesn’t have a vested interest in….so much so we’ve seen a backwards double reverse flounce with pike.

jonnyboi

This place sucks, you can’t even rely on people to follow through on their flounce anymore

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Lol, but the BIL/friend/SC/Proposer looked on here last night and basically saw that 5% of this whole thread was relevant and was disappointed that total strangers are happy to be judgemental twunts and brown nose other judgemental twunts…

Junkyard
    Free Member

I borrowed £2 for parking off a colleage yesterday. I didn’t come in this morning and say “Bad luck, there’s no enforcable contract here.”

I borrowed some cheese of someone yesterday and today I gave them the chalk back

tomhoward

This place sucks, you can’t even rely on people to follow through on their flounce anymore

All flounces come with a 14 day cooling off period. It’s for their protection

nickc

disappointed that total strangers are happy to be judgemental twunts and brown nose other judgemental twunts…

is your friend recently arrived from outer space..? 😆

PiknMix
    Free Member

I borrowed some cheese of someone yesterday and today I gave them the chalk back

You monster! Mmmmm chalk on toast with a dash of hendos.

ling
    Free Member

Awfully sorry, but I thought Poopscoop had banned further comment here?

I was being nice by complying… FFS.

geordiemick00 – Member

so yes I obviously lied

Yes. The OP lied about so many things, along with his mate/bro in law (whatever). Lied to me, lied to this forum. Lied about his identity in the post. Lied about the reason for cancellation. Lied about his employment status on my system, lied about “needing a week” to think, lied to me about the “my ploy is to say I disagree with the T&C’s” thing, probably lied about if his “mate” is his brother in law. Lied about me knowing it was an accommodation deal. And probably so many more lies that I can’t be bothered to trawl through and identify.

I really don’t want “customers” who lie. My business is based on trust. I have 1,000s of very happy customers (inc many members of this forum) who don’t ever raise any of your complaints. Because they are lies, that’s why. My customers love my system, my up front attitude, and the way I look after them.

The OP knows that if the finance company knew the truth about who the car was for, they would have declined to fund it, in a blink. THAT is the truth.

I would never knowingly allow a car to be applied for on a false basis like this. Thank goodness, due to the OP’s own employment/self/employment/unemployed excuses, it has been cancelled.

Phew.

I thought this was drawing to a conclusion? Can I go and talk to some real customers, now. Thanks for all the kind comments. I’m off to be quiet (again).

mrjmt
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences Can someone just post links to the important posts, you know, the swearing, anger, flounces etc?

Poopscoop

angeldust – Member
    You seem to have an almost palpable hate for the guy that is far more of a reflection on yourself than him from what I can see.
    The most fierce palpable hate is coming from poopscoop imo

See if Andy remembers the post that’s not there perhaps before commenting?

The only problem with the report post button is that it does indeed work perhaps?

wwaswas

Good news everyone – I’ve secured a sponsor for today’s sugary snacks!

Poopscoop

Ling!

If your T and C’s are found to be contrary to trading regs will you be handing back the punitive fees you’ve extracted from past customers that had to cancel with you?

Just a thought as your not one to fib about such things?

tomhoward

Now that is a bespoke Skoda!

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 2,501 total)

The topic ‘Legal advice please – cancelling a new car dispute’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM