Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Left rear maxle today at BPW need help finding one please?
  • weeksy

When loading bikes into the car today my lad left the rear maxle on his 2017 stumpjumper on the floor and we managed to not spot it and leave without it.
    So sufficient to say that’s classed as missing in action and needs replacing. It’s a fixed type, not hinged type, just twists in. I believe the bike is a 148*12 boost but dont know what length he needs or the thread pitch.

Advice and links appreciated

weeksy

So after looking I think we need a 148*12 with a 1.0 pitch thread.

Tracey

This should fit

S170200003

And this

https://www.neviscycles.com/shop/products/axl-my16-17-sbc-rear-thru-axle-with-lever-148mm-x-12mm

Might be worth ringing to see if its handed in or they can look where you were parked

Good excuse for a visit back

weeksy

Yeah I’ve pinged them a mail and will call tomorrow

reggiegasket
    Free Member

MT Zoom do a 148mm Syntace style but I’m not sure it’ll be long enough.

165mm vs 172?

SYNTACE REAR BOOST THRU AXLE 12 X 148mm(axle) X 1.0MM L.165mm 41G (T14)

breadcrumb

Bit late now but I always put thru axles back in the frame/forks so they can’t be lost.

Fingers crossed it turns up…

weeksy

Need 1.0 pitch Jim.

weeksy

Looks like we left our ££££ expensive pillow in premier Inn too so Sunday it seems I’m driving to Merthyr! I’ll run bpw and hopefully get 2 for 1 out of the trip.

simondbarnes

Looks like we left our ££££ expensive pillow in premier Inn too so Sunday it seems I’m driving to Merthyr!

More expensive than the fuel to get to Wales and back? Blimey.

Daffy

You need a 12*148mm axle with a length between 168-173mm with a 1mm thread pitch.

Courtesy of The Robert Axle Project.

I’d go with either DT or The Robert Axle Project.

Tracey

If you cant find it any Specialized dealer will be able to order one. They are available on tbe usual eu web sites.

weeksy

Yeah I’ll drop into the local concept store tomorrow and see how much, even if bpw/me find our one on Sunday it’s still worth having a spare I guess

jimmy748

He can even have Purple!

https://burgtec.co.uk/product/santa-cruz-rear-axle/

Fits all 148mm x 12mm and 142mm x 12mm – Exact Axle Length is 168.5mm – Thread M12 x 1.0mm pitch also fits other brands that use this size.

weeksy

Ordered a new one. will still head to Wales tomorrow though.

weeksy

Went to the Specialized concept store in Newbury.

£20 later, all done, super.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Left rear maxle today at BPW need help finding one please?’ is closed to new replies.