Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Leeds locals – 3 hours to kill near the John Charles Centre for Sport
  • MoreCashThanDash

So, LittleMissMC will be there 11-2 this coming Saturday. Anything to do within easy reach to kill time? Or does it have a decent cafe/WiFi?

I had wondered about the Armouries but wasn’t sure how easy it would be to get there, park and get back out in the time available in Saturday traffic

Local knowledge appreciated please

Edit – unable to ride at the moment so the urban bike park isn’t an option, unless there are things to see there?

scuttler

Take your bike and roll over to the Urban Bike Park (close). Armouries also do-able.

ElShalimo

Play 5-a-side

I’m sure that you’ll get a game

markhammill
    Free Member

middleton railway is nearby
    https://www.middletonrailway.org.uk/

markhammill
    Free Member

just seen its closed for maintenance

scuttler

Leeds United at home (1500 KO) so roads could be busy around John Charles around 1400 if you’ve gone off in the car. I don’t know that for sure though

rogermoore

Go see a film at the IMAX Cinema at the White Rose?
    RM.

nealglover
    Free Member

Walk round Middleton Park, coffee at the Lake(pond) and lunch at the Bikepark Cafe?

johndoh
    Free Member

Find somewhere that might be showing last night’s match and be prepared for a rollercoaster?

Crag
    Free Member

Winstons is just round the corner should you need to, erm, relax for a while.

stumpyjon

Parking in the city center is not easy and expensive. The shopping area is good though, nice enough to wander around as well. Armouries will kill and an hour or so, Google reckons on a 45 min walk each way!

andy8442
    Free Member

Lock your doors and keep the engine running just incase.

johndoh
    Free Member

Lock your doors and keep the engine running just incase.

(I would insert a rolling eyes emoji but we’re clearly still in the 1970s)

snotrag

Take your bike, Leeds Urban Bike Park is just the other side of the trees you can see from the Sports Centre car park.

scuttler

Find somewhere that might be showing last night’s match and be prepared for a rollercoaster?

Entertaining I’ll give you that (Cardiff, Birmingham City, now Millwall…). Looks like that furball you (and the Baggies) are choking on hasn’t quite cleared yet though. Nice to see Town score in 90+6. Normally we pack up around 80th minute (and sometimes earlier).

ads678

You would easy get to the Armories and back in the time you have. The car park next to it doesn’t fill up on a weekend as it’s too far out of the centre. Not sure if there’ll be any on street parking though.

There’s a water taxi that takes you to the back of the station as well if you like. It’s £1 each way now I think, although it doesn’t run if the water levels are high.

Middleton park is actually quite nice to have a wander round if the weather is nice. Quite interesting if you like old mining stuff as well…..

And the cafe at the bike park is good too.

johndoh
    Free Member

Looks like that furball you (and the Baggies) are choking on hasn’t quite cleared yet though

I would rather be where we are right now than where you guys are 😉 Although (with fear of being seen as a biased fan) we really haven’t had many decisions go for us in the last few games – by all accounts last night the ball went over the byline in the run-up to the passage of play that led to their penalty and we had a good shout for one waved away shortly afterwards. Against QPR their player clearly double hand-balled before he scored (the first could have been given as accidental but it was shocking how blatant the second touch was). Still, that’s football.

MoreCashThanDash

I can’t ride at present but weather permitting I think a wander to the bike park cafe may be worth a try.

Already sorted for killing time on Sunday when she’s at Loughborough university – FML!

dlr

Maybe not walking distance but not that far https://www.arcadeclub.co.uk/leeds/

markhammill
    Free Member

sorry realised too far away

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

by all accounts last night the ball went over the byline in the run-up to the passage of play that led to their penalty

It did go out of play – ref waved play on.

That was just after their keeper made an absolute blinding save from Dallas and the ref gave it as a goal kick. But hey, 3 points and top of the league… it’d just be nice not to have to play against 11 men and a referee seemingly every game. Even Radz got stuck into the standard of the refereeing last night.

johndoh
    Free Member

But hey, 3 points and top of the league…

Yup. Some tough matches coming up though (Bristol C, Forest and Brentford back to back). :-O

Saying that, with 29 games gone, we are just 3 points off the target of 2 points per game average over a season which all but guarantees promotion.

Please.

scuttler

Arcade Club price possibly a bit stiff for 2 hrs but excellent call! At OP go there after with your daughter.

fubar
    Free Member

Or does it have a decent cafe/WiFi?

Note. That Saturday is the first day of the Yorkshire Swimming Championships there and so everything is likely to be rammed. Unfortunately your time slot is probably going to fall in the change of session between morning and afternoon so I wouldn’t think you’d even get to see much swimming.

p.s. Only 5 minutes’ish drive to White Rose shopping centre (if you are really stuck!). Quite a few food chains for lunch and perhaps a mooch around the shops.

MoreCashThanDash

Just checking if my mates lad is at the swimming – he holds a couple of their Jnr records!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Leeds locals – 3 hours to kill near the John Charles Centre for Sport’ is closed to new replies.