Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ledsupermall.com – Alternative to Deal Extreme / MagicShine
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

Well, made my first order from http://www.ledsupermall.com/ after hunting around the web for DX alternatives. I saw a lot of lights being sold over here so started looking for them in the far east and came up with these guys after sifting through AliBaba and DHGate and ignoring all the “Western Union only” outfits.

I wanted a wide flood for the bars and found this 3x XPG R5 LED light with a claimed 1200Lm. It’s being sold for £90 in the UK but it was $80 (£50) on the site so ordered it on the 8th Sept and it arrived today (20th). 12 days – not too bad. It comes with a UK plug for the charger so it’s sitting charging now and will get a first test tonight.

They have a variety of T6, P7 and R5 lights so I’ll probably get a helmet light too if the first one is up to scratch. I know DX now do an amazingly cheap T6 for $45 and LEDSupermall doesn’t have any that cheap but some of the other lights get good writeups around the web and it seems to be the cheapest source.

Finally, I can relegate my (useless)Exposure Enduro light to loan/spare duties.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

First test last night – 3.5hr ride. Lasted fine.

The light is very bright – significantly more so than my 720 lumen Exposure. It was the brightest light in our group among the Hope/Exposure/AyeUp/DX competition.

It has a nice wide flood type beam which is perfect on the bars in conjunction with a narrower beam helmet light.

The O ring mount actually held the light tightly on the bars and it did not shift at all on several fast, rocky descents.

Bad Points:

The battery pouch is not fit for purpose. Fell off twice. Ordered a replacement off Smudge’s site. The battery pack doesn’t look terribly waterproof so some modding there methinks.

float
    Free Member

cool little light then. thanks for the heads up 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

This company must have picked up on this thread, as they spammed the board this morning.

TooTall
    Free Member

A few lengths of velcro sorts any battery bag! The really good stuff is the ‘double sided’ velcro you get for cable management in offices that sticks to itself. Costs a couple of quid and fastens most things to bikes / bags / helmets.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

A few lengths of velcro sorts any battery bag!

Not this one. The second time it fell off the battery came out of the bag and I lost it. Being made of camouflaged material didn’t help in the search either!

stayhigh

Good find namastebuzz they look good.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two though, they look identical spec wise to me?

Option 1

Option 2

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two though, they look identical spec wise to me?

Looks like just the housing but can’t really tell if the reflectors vary.

TBH these look just like the $45 T6 lights from DX likeThis One

For a helmet light, I’d get this. A friend has one and the throw of the spot is amazing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ledsupermall.com – Alternative to Deal Extreme / MagicShine’ is closed to new replies.