Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Led light tech
  • pedlad

For quite a few years there was a lot of chat here about the latest led tech and codes of the latest and greatest and why they were better.

Have not seen that sort of chat for a few years now. I know some of that may be due to the likes of the sadly-missed troutie, deciding not to compete with cheap chinese stuff but have things not really moved on much recently?

I have to think about a replacement battery for my liberator (it has upgraded leds by troutie from a good few years ago) and just wondering if that is still the best option vs a new system.

RicB

Noooooooooo-

no light threads before September!!

Answering your question, led tech seemed to peak with the XML leds a few years ago. There have been minor improvements since but nothing major.

tjagain

Aye – thats what I thought. the moves in the tech seem to be going to big chips with diffuse output for domestic lighting rather than improvements to the xmls

RicB

The biggest improvement I’d like to see is a shift to warmer colours rather than cold white.

I bought a Chinese jobby a few years ago as a backup to my Gloworm and it was a warmer, yellower light. Much easier on the eyes compared with the harsh whiteness of most lights. Reminded me of my good old Lumicycle halogens

stevied
    Free Member

There have been some improvements in output but efficiency has been increased a fair bit.
    With all things led, there are different chips for different uses.
    I find the XPG or newer XPL are great for a helmet light and I’m running a pair of XHP70’s on my bar light.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Led light tech’ is closed to new replies.