Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • leaky fox’s off the classifieds
  • bomberman
    Free Member

I have recently bought some forks off the classifieds. They leak oil out of the right leg and it’s quite bad – enough to run down the fork leg and drip at the bottom. i asked if there was anything wrong with them before i parted with my cash (a fair chunk of cash) and was assured they were fine. I’ve emailed the guy and sent him pics and am waiting for him to reply. Mojo says they need new seals.

Im not going to start a witch hunt, but i’m pretty peed off. do you think it’s fair to ask him to pay for new seals? after all it’ll be pretty expensive to send them off?

sean_designer
    Free Member

if he’s a decent enough guy then he should offer to contribute a little bit. although if he denies all knowledge that there was a problem, there isnt really much you can do

bomberman
    Free Member

I know. i’m not ranting at him cos i prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt but it is a pain in the arse because i’ll be the one pulling them apart

bomberman
    Free Member

i think he should at least pay for new seals, no?

sean_designer
    Free Member

sounds fair… £25 or so, sign of good will

postierich
    Free Member

I sold some Pace forks that had not been used for a while and sold them to a fellow stw as far as I knew they were fine,he used them found out there was hardly any oil in them topped up but leaked asked me for half the price of a service/new seals i said no problems.

Still not paid yet Mike get in touch!

jonk

If they are leaking from the bottom then they’ll just need a new crush washer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘leaky fox’s off the classifieds’ is closed to new replies.