Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 164 total)
  • Le Mans 24H 2023
  • futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Jota binned it 🤦🏻‍♂️

GeForceJunky

It’s been a bad hour for Porsche 🙁

mashr

Think it was just the Porsche Curves being the Porsche Curves, tiny mistakes tend to get punished hard (and probably still damp when well off line)

daviek

75 Porsche missed a trick there

reluctantjumper

Listening along on Radio LeMans (didi have a dodgy stream going for a while but they’ve all been shut down!) and it just sounds like carnage. The rain is really playing hardball with everyone, it’s a race of survival.

mashr

Porsche 75 looking a bit dead. Very impressive that, if it is dead, it’ll be the first Hypercar retirement!

tenfoot

Glad it’s stopped raining. That looked terrifying.

Hope they get the #75 car back. Can’t see it happening but you never know.

Still a fascinating race.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

had a break, what happened to the 75 Porsche?

mashr

Looked like a tech-style shutdown.

Finally got a good look at the rain tyre – pretty sure I have that tread pattern on my car outside. Looked absolutely bog standard

daviek

This race is melting my little brain

mashr

Yup! Wouldn’t usually be rooting for Toyota but want to see a good race. Looks like the Ferrari (GTE) driver was caught out by the yellows

daviek

Someone wrote earlier that there would be no Peugeots running after 6 hours, ones in the lead by over 2 minutes now I think it is.

simondbarnes

What happened to Kobayashi? I was too busy mending relations with our French cousins and watching an ACDC tribute to notice. I also appear to have been in Tertre Rouge drinking since 1615 🤣

daviek

It got rear ended going into a slow zone, looked like 3 cars involved but don’t know who was at fault but wasn’t the Toyota

mashr

Someone wrote earlier that there would be no Peugeots running after 6 hours, ones in the lead by over 2 minutes now I think it is.

That was me. Currently eating my hat for supper

mashr

#7 out 🙁

the-muffin-man

Le Mans serving up a classic – no idea who is going to win this!!

daviek

I don’t think it’ll be there at the end but for now I hope they’re enjoying it!

I was hoping for Jota for the overall, Inter Europol for LMP2 and Iron Dames for GT.

See how it ends up

tenfoot

Safety car snooze time. Peugeot lose their time advantage.

simondbarnes

I have no idea what is happening in the race but the entertainment is good 👍

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Kevin Ester seems too hot headed to be a hyper car driver 🤷‍♂️

daviek

One thing that has annoyed me about the coverage this year is when they have the wee interludes which I don’t mind if nothings happening on track but they don’t seem to be able to interrupt them when like just there the JOTA binned it again.

They’ve also been talking over the team radio.

I might find other things 🙂

tomhoward

Ferrari taking after the F1 team…

Pissing away a 1+ min lead not being able to start the engine in the pits.

mashr

The on screen graphics are poor too. Takes to long to cycle through so difficult to tell who has retired or who is driving. Not sure they even have any graphic to show the driver lineup for each car?

I should really just have Radio Le Mans on at the same time

daviek

They do have graphics to show all 3 drivers but only seen it when in the puts or if they show the cars at the bottom of the screen. I used to listen to radio le mans and watch Eurosport but can’t remember why I don’t any more, maybe there was a delay.

mashr

Pissing away a 1+ min lead not being able to start the engine in the pits.

That’s standard “been racing for 19 hours” stuff

daviek

Just need to see if it happens again. On pace the 51 should have it but Ferrari will be Ferrari.

daviek

Commentators seem to think that’s it over but it’s still got an hour 40 to go

mashr

Yup, wouldn’t be the first lead car to burst into flames* in the last hour

*other failure modes available

Edit: very good work to ensure they didn’t go a lap down

tomhoward

Yeah, just needs a safety car for it all to be reset.

mashr

Oooofffttt

daviek

Good god ….. Heart in the mouth time

the-muffin-man

AWESOME!!!!

Forza Ferrari!!! 😀😀😀

🏁🏁🏁

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Well done Ferrari!

Toyota have never won Le Mans when they’ve had actual competition 🤷‍♂️

daviek

That was a good one! Bit too much safety car but if they will wreck the barriers they need to be fixed.

Disappointed for Iron Dames not sure why they slowed so much in the last few hours.

spawnofyorkshire

What did happen to iron dames? They were leading GTE am, I went and mowed the lawn, and when I popped back in they were in fourth

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Overall fantastic race👍

mashr

@simondbarnes what did you make of the event this year then? Been reading reports saying; more expensive, bigger crowds, zero increase in resources to handle the increase in numbers, uncomfortably packed at certain times/places. Your experience any better?

tenfoot

I enjoyed the race this year on the TV. Should hopefully be going back next year. Just hate the camping (and crowds).

mboy
    Free Member

Congratulations James Calado!

Been a good 15yrs, but rode MTB with him a few times when he was a teen, had just moved up from Karts to Formula Renault at the time… His uncle is/was on here as “The Swede”…

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.