Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Laptop choice help
  • tinybits
    Free Member

I’ve been asked to find a laptop for Mrsbits and I’m after inspiration

Must haves: Long battery life
    Windows based
    Decent processor & 8GB ram (thing 53 apps running at once)
    Decent form, 13″ screen
    sub £750
    Use is 90% office apps, with internet and light accounting work thrown in.

I personally like (and use) an HP Envy 360 but they are pricey (mine was almost double her budget, bought by work), any other recommendations out there? Please don’t say mac, that’s what shes got and it’s going to be changed for windows.

Cheers

Cougar

As I’ve said before when this has been asked:

You will be hard pressed to find a laptop which doesn’t meet the exacting and demanding requirements of “Office and a web browser” (though I’m not sure how this ties in with “53 apps running at once,” what are the other 50?) I’m typing this right now on a ten year old laptop.

Lenovo for build quality. Dell Outlet for bargains. Avoid no-name / store-own brands.

Look for something with an SSD, or budget for adding one. SSD prices have gone through the floor lately.

Plan for backups. External storage, cloud.

chewkw
    Free Member

Plenty about @ £750 for i5, 8GB, 256SSD without touchscreen.

Check PC World out.

I bought my Acer from PC World similar to the current listed price on their website. It is working fine but I only use it for travelling. At that time I have less choice as my budget was less than £600 but now they have plenty more to choose from.

eskay

Have you considered a refurbished laptop. I bought an A grade Refurbished Dell Latitude E7240 i7-4600U 8GB 240GB SSD 12.5″ for £384 including a 2 year warranty. It is bloody quick, lightweight and portable and immaculate.

I have a home network so 240GB is ample.

Bought from https://www.tier1online.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Laptop choice help’ is closed to new replies.