Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ladybower advice please……
  • ton

from whinstone lee tor up behind the ladybower in, is the track to dovestone tor and then on to black tor a, all legal and b, all rideable.

i think it is but my memory fails me.

antigee

the bridleway goes to whinstone lee and descends – derwent edge itself the continuation to back tor is a footpathe – it is rideable and links to bridleways that stop at the s yorks / derbyshire border

ton

but then the path carries on it think?

amodicumofgnar

No right of access other than on foot, all CROW land rather than public footpaths or bridleways to Back Tor. The shoot on this moor uses provisions in the Countryside and Rights of Way Act to close the moor to access at this time of year (nesting season).

ton

so to do a loop of the lake would mean dropping down from whinstone lee then??

bugger.

antigee

all CROW land rather than public footpaths

the path along the edge to just beyond back tor is a public footpath and can't be closed under CROW – further north the public footpath turns east to dukes road (a bridleway as far as the s yorks boundry) but as you say the edge thru to the cut gate bridleway has no public right of way and can be closed but rarely is

edit

so to do a loop of the lake would mean dropping down from whinstone lee then

but its a good drop down

amodicumofgnar

For the bit the OP refers to it's all CROW – Whinstone Lee Tor, Salt Cellar, Dovestone Tor to Back Tor isnt public footpath.

antigee

thx oldap i stand corrected – whinstone lee to backtor is not a public right of way – it is a path within the national park so as you say is subject to CROW

PS that means riding it is far too cheeky 8)
    and too blatant so unlike moi know yr stuff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ladybower advice please……’ is closed to new replies.