Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Ladies specific coaching?
  • mrhoppy

Mrs hoppy has got a mtb after some time off following the birth of hoppy jr. She’s never been entirely comfortable off road on technical singletrack and is now a bit nervous but enjoying her riding. She’s thinking about getting a coaching session, she’s not massively comfortable joining a group session ATM as she thinks she’d not be able to keep up both in terms of skills and fitness, I’ve tried to persuade her otherwise but to little avail.

So any thoughts on who might be good for a one to one core skills session for a nervous lady to get her more confident riding red standard trails ish. Based in the midlands so realistically could realistically travel for a couple of hours.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If Sherwood pines is close enough, the shop there is working with a company called Alliancemtb. If she doesn’t fancy learning in a group, book a 1-2-1.

cinnamon_girl

Jedi is your friend. Was incredibly patient with me and would highly recommend.

HOME

RustySpanner

Mrs S and daughter have both been on female only courses at The Dales Bike Centre, with the excellent Nicola Weaver.

Well worth giving Stu a shout to see what’s available.

timidwheeler

I went to Jedi, he’s the best coach round here. Good coaching is good coaching, I’m not sure why a female would need special girly coaching.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cyclewise did some, personally I would suggest any decent coach and 1 to 1 coaching. Just don’t go with someone who is cocky/ladies man type. There are generally some differences between how men and women respond to coaching.

If you want to do it somewhere warmer then these guys
    http://www.mtbskills.com.au/
    are very well respected over here Jess and Su are great coaches.

RustySpanner

timidwheeler – Member

I went to Jedi, he’s the best coach round here. Good coaching is good coaching, I’m not sure why a female would need special girly coaching.

Doesn’t apply in a one to one context, but generally, women are far more sensible than men and actually listen rather than assuming that they know best.

I hate bloke only rides – they often, especially amongst strangers, turn into a ‘who can piss highest up the wall’ contest.

flatfish
    Free Member

Forest Freeride do 1-1 or women’s only days.

wallop

+1 Forest Freeride.

jedi

thanks for the recommend 🙂
    i never do ladies only public sessions, just rider sessions

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Singletrack school do, if I remember correctly and they advertise here

MartynS

Solarpowered may be along in a bit, but just in case she misses this..

She had a one to one at sherwood pines with alliance mtb and loved it. It’s really brought along her riding.

missnotax
    Free Member

Dirt Divas are based near Swinley and offer female specific MTB coaching. They offer various courses or private sessions 🙂

hjwatso1
    Free Member

Jedi hands down. I

went, just me on my tod to do a one and one session ad he totally understood my mind set. He gave me the confidence in me and my machine and explained to me how women approach riding and he was spot on with that.

I left feeling so much more confident on the bike! I will never go to anyone else ever again. He makes riding enjoyable and sooo much fun.

Oh he makes a blinding coffee too!

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

I’m looking for some coaching too, not bothered really if it’s female specific, just someone who is patient with someone with autism and slight learning difficulties.
    I’ve been with 2 people so far but they weren’t geared up for the extra time it takes me to get the hang of something.
    I can’t for the life of me do short steep downhills or a drop over a foot to save my life so end up walking and pushing a lot as no one has spent time with me on that particular thing til it sticks in my rather stupid head!
    Think I’ll give up and go roadie!

Caz xxx

JoeG
    Free Member

he totally understood my mind set

A man that can understand how women think! 😯 😯 😯

No wonder they call him Jedi!!! 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Stu at forest freeride

nols
    Free Member

+1 For Tony.(JEDI) He taught my wife before Mountain Mayhem last year and she went from being a total novice to be confident enough to take part in her first 24hr race as part of a team of experienced riders. She’s a completely different rider now – confident on technical xc rides and even managed a few runs in the bike park in Verbier last summer. Really can’t recommend him highly enough to new riders.
    She still tells me she hears him in her head as she’s approaching a technical section and you can hear her saying ‘Looking’ or ‘Footwork’ sometimes – makes me laugh but has given her the performance cues she needs.

modmodworld
    Free Member

Another recommendation for Jedi. He’ll get you riding the way you should be.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Ladies specific coaching?’ is closed to new replies.