Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • KS lev part failure – anyone else had this?
  • Farticus

It’s about a year old, low and gentle mileage. It’s been fine and kept clean etc.

Yesterday saw it at Dalby where it was OK for the first part of the ride, but then it started to feel like it wasn’t extending fully. It turns out it was extending fully, but the top ~3cm would then go back when sat on (and it came back up when unweighted without using the lever). So it wasn’t dropping, just behaving as it the top 3cm was a (very weak) suspension post.

No amount of faffing with cable tension would make any difference to it – it drops and extends fine, but when sat on the top 3cm disappears and re-appears when unweighted. Amazing how such a small height difference strains your leg muscles!

At various stages there were a few creaking noises but these could have been saddle rails I guess. At no stage did the post move in the frame, and it’s all clamped up to the correct torque.

Anyone else had this?

stevied
    Free Member

Mine did this. Had it repaired under warranty. Was told it was a faulty cartridge and was a common failing in the older ones.

euans2
    Free Member

Yeah, mines also done this, sent it back for a warranty repair, as above, I was told that it was a faulty cartridge.

JoeG
    Free Member

Lev has a 2 year warranty, so you should be able to get it fixed with no problem.

Farticus

Cheers – sounds like it’ll have to go back to Germany then 😥

kimbers

My drop zone did the same fixed under warranty but still a pita

stevied
    Free Member

If it goes back to Germany it might take a while. 2nd time mine went back I got a refund after 7 weeks.

Farticus

Spoke to Jungle. As I bought it before they started distributing them they will deal with it (if I can find the pesky receipt). Time to start hunting.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘KS lev part failure – anyone else had this?’ is closed to new replies.