Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • KS Lev dropping when seated…
  • stevied
    Free Member

Hi all
    Had my KS Lev for about 4 months now and was working perfectly. It has just developed a slight problem in that it drops about an inch when I sit on the saddle. It also comes up if I lift the saddle. Is it just a pressure thing or something more sinister?
    It’s not been bumped, dropped or crashed. Also bought it from one of the German sights so any experience of warranty issues from bike-discount? (incase I need yo send it back)
    Cheers
    Steve

mcnultycop

I’ve just sent mine back to bike discount for the same reason, so will hopefully have news in the next few days…

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply mate. I’ve emailed them so will see what they say. Did you contact them before sending it?

anc
    Free Member

Think your cartridge is starting to fail. Either that or perhaps, check the cable is releasing correctly, due to being cacked up… Think it’ll be the first option though. Mine went back to hibike in Germany they sent a prepaid post pdf to send it back, turnaround was about a month.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve just sent mine back to bike discount for the same reason, so will hopefully have news in the next few days…

What service did you use to send it back? Just had a reply asking me to do that.

@anc
    : Cable is releasing fine, not cacked up at all. Was working fine then just started sagging 🙁

JoeG
    Free Member

Remove the cable from the toggle where it connects to the seatpost, then try it. If it still drops when you sit on it, then its an internal problem and needs to be returned under warranty.

Nezbo
    Free Member

I had about 10mi on it before it started dropping about an inch, it was fine when I fit it but when I got back from the first ride and cleaned it then give it a check over i noticed it.

I’ve just sent mine back to Germany (the place I bought in from), Hopefully it will come back and last a long time.

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. @joe, yeah does it without the cable. Back to Germany it is then..hopefully they’ll sort it.

dantsw13

Are we starting to see reliability issues with the Levs?

mcnultycop

I just sent it Royal Mail insured, but after reading a post elsewhere (not LEV related) I think they may do a prepaid label. I emailed them first and they told me to return. I’m going to email now to make sure they got it.

euans2
    Free Member

I’ve just had mines returned from Germany, it too was sent back due to it dropping about an inch when sat on. It took roughly a month for the warranty work to be carried out.

Unfortunately, i’ve not been able to test it yet as when they sent it back they failed to return the red dust cap. It’s useless with out it IMO

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev dropping when seated…’ is closed to new replies.