Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Krav Maga
  • iDave
    Free Member

anyone, do or have done this? i fancy a go and it seems suitably free from the usual mystical martial arts stuff. i'm often in dodgy areas overseas and it might come in handy one day.

allthepies
    Free Member

retro83
    Free Member

probably the best thing you can do for defending yourself in real situations

search for it using the google box on sherdog.net. It's very highly thought of.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Best real world fighting/defense technique bar non but you'll find it hard to get a decent instructor, might be better looking for a ju jitsu class which will very quickly give you some excellent self defense moves.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Worked with a load from the Israli SF a few years ago in my old job..

These nutters train in it all the time, we got taught a bit, and it was all good fun..

MrSparkle

Come in handy in downtown Acci, eh!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

i'm often in dodgy areas overseas

Get some proper security.

finners

just watch Bourne Identity tonight, he uses it….. 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

MrSparkle – Member
    Come in handy in downtown Acci, eh!

😳

Sadly, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had a few jap-slapping exersices "altercations" here..

iDave
    Free Member

CFH – bit of overkill for walking back to a hotel in the dark in a developing country. or when in Leeds.

and wouldn't getting some proper security just mean paying someone who could do krav maga to walk around with me?

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

In a developing country your 'proper security' should be packing something a bit better than krav maga or he'll be toast just like you. Do you know how many AK47's are in general circulation?

Shandy
    Free Member

Krav Maga is very effective but it might be easier to find a decent MMA or Muay Thai instructor as there are loads around these days. I trained pretty hard at MMA for a couple of years, I was decent at it, but my preferred tactic is still to leg it.

I got followed from a bank machine a couple of years back, it turned into a footrace. I realised there was a police station nearby but my pursuers were between me and the cop shop. I doubled back round a parked car and after two lethal sidesteps made good my escape, back the way I'd come. The copper on the gates was pissing himself when I told him about it.

MrSparkle

Blimey. How many did you kill with the lethal sidesteps?

iDave
    Free Member

i'd be legging it every time. I haven't hit anyone since I was 14! just think it would be handy to have a backup and might be a decent workout doing the training

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Krav Maga’ is closed to new replies.