Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kona sutra
  • wors

But a lighter weight version. What is there??

wors

Anybody? Looked at salsa but at nearly twice the price of the kona, i don’t think so.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

not sure about a lighter version, but I have a Sutra and was concerned about the weight prior to purchasing. Honestly mate , its not an issue, it rides superb. OK you are not going to break any TT records , but its not designed for racing. As a touring/commuter bike its superb. strong enough to carry everything and comfortable enough for all day riding. I love mine.

plumber
    Free Member

SBB +1

wors

Thanks stan and plumber.

MrTall
    Free Member

I’d agree. I went for the Salsa Fargo and despite it being a heavy beast (esp. my XXL) it rides beautifully and doesn’t feel heavy when pedaling.

It excels at what it was designed for and all the reviews of the Kona suggest that it’s the same.

plumber
    Free Member

I would also say that addition of more grippy tyres turned mine into a do it all mountain bike lite type of machine

I’ve done Iron Keld on it – not mega comfortable TBH but I rode it all and its still in one piece

also good for shopping trips to tescos (provide your own shoes 🙂 )

druidh
    Free Member

Wors – I had a Sutra – the original one with STI’s and loved it. However, I did find it a bit heavy and, like you, started to look around for alternatives. If you don’t mind an aluminium frame, the Dew Drop would be a good bet. If you don’t mind spending a wee bit more, you could build up a very nice bike around a Van Nicholas Amazon frame and a set of Kinesis DC19 forks…

Tonolina
    Free Member

I had a Sutra which I bought mail order and never really loved. After I broke both my arms I faced up to the bikes shortcomings. It was too heavy and the straight fork was too harsh. I changed it for a Marin Toscana which is so much better. It is lighter and has a curved, more forgiving fork and is stealthy black.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kona sutra’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM