Viewing 27 posts - 241 through 267 (of 267 total)
  • Christian Hotel Ruling
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What assumptions have you made about me?

I made the assumption that you weren’t gay. But that’s no problem ……. get someone to put it to the test on your behalf – if you are concerned that Guyz Hotel aren’t complying with the Sexual Orientation Regulations 2007

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I made the assumption that weren’t gay.

I’m not

if you are concerned that Guyz Hotel aren’t complying with the Sexual Orientation Regulations 2007

I’m not

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m not

So why even mention it then ?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

This daily mail cartoon makes no sense whatsoever!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/coffeebreak/cartoons/mac.html

Why would the gay couple have a swastika tattoo? They wouldn’t be nazis! Homosexuals were persecuted in nazi germany. i’m beginning to wonder if the daily mail is the journalistic masterpeice everybody thinks it is…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They wouldn’t be nazis! Homosexuals were persecuted in nazi germany

You obviously don’t know about the gays in the Nazi Party, or those in the swastika loving National Front.

But I get your point. The way the cartoonist in the Daily Mail depicts two gay men is quite frankly absurd…….they hardly look gay.

Still, at least no one can accuse the Daily Mail of following narrow stereotypical prejudices in this instance.

shepleg
    Free Member

You’re obviouly going to the wrong gay clubs 😉

johnners
    Free Member

they hardly look gay

who’s stereotyping now?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

who’s stereotyping now?

Me, in the case of referring to the depiction as not looking typical. But that might be because I understand the purpose behind cartoon caricatures………“to exaggerate or distort the essence of a person or thing to create an easily identifiable visual likeness”

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m not

So why even mention it

what? Why mention what?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ll let you try and figure that one out for yourself CharlieMungus

🙄

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You mean you don’t know

crikey
    Free Member

In my experience, any couple of the same sex who would like to share a bedroom need only transport two mountain bikes to said hostelry.

I have done this on many occasions and have never experienced any problems.

It does raise the odd eyebrow when one confesses to a ‘dirty weekend’ when asked at the breakfast table though.

At this point a loud cough and a reference to the ‘wife/husband waiting at home’ by one or other of the contestants seems to suffice.

AdamW
    Free Member

That’s the thing about swans, damn them. They only break arms. Legs? Oh no, too busy for legs. Necks? As if.

Saying that, I’m considering setting up an ‘agency’ of swan debt collectors. I know at least they will only have the ability to break arms. Strange that.

Pogo
    Free Member

Why would the gay couple have a swastika tattoo? They wouldn’t be nazis! Homosexuals were persecuted in nazi germany.

The Oldest Known Symbol
    The swastika is an ancient symbol that has been used for over 3,000 years. (That even predates the ancient Egyptian symbol, the Ankh!) Artifacts such as pottery and coins from ancient Troy show that the swastika was a commonly used symbol as far back as 1000 BC.

But I doubt the Daily Mail cartoonist is aware of this.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

But I doubt the Daily Mail cartoonist is aware of this

MAC?? I think he probably is.

Pogo
    Free Member

Yeah that’s true.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

whilst the history lesson on the symbol is true I doubt very many people would see it and see anything oither than a nazi with a swastika these days due to the associationwith the Nazi’s.
    How many non Nazi’s do you htink have a swastika tat ?

nickf
    Free Member

How many non Nazis do you think have a swastikan tat ?

Yeah, my point exactly.

IdleJon

Pogo – Member

The Oldest Known Symbol
    The swastika is an ancient symbol that has been used for over 3,000 years. (That even predates the ancient Egyptian symbol, the Ankh!) Artifacts such as pottery and coins from ancient Troy show that the swastika was a commonly used symbol as far back as 1000 BC.

Just to be pedantic, your dating is completely cocked up.

The pyramids themselves go back almost 5000 year and there were plenty of other symbols inside those, and as far as I’m aware there are plenty of other symbols known prior to ancient Egypt, for instance in cave art or carvings, that don’t include swastikas.

I would suggest that an older symbol that comes to mind, that can be found carved into rocks in this country, would be the maze or labyrinth.

But I doubt the Daily Mail cartoonist is aware of this.

🙄

Carry on – back to discussing evil swans or whatever.

duckman

Just to be pedantic, your dating is completely cocked up.

I didn’t start getting pedantic pogo,But since we are,so is the suggestion that the collection of ruins found by a German charlatan was actually the ancient city of Troy.Glad to be of help.
    Hitler swiped the Nazi symbol from the Romans who swiped it from somebody else(can’t be bothered to find out)It was meant to symbolise the whole thousand year Reich being just like the Romans thing.

The Romans also ate swans which shows they were truly the apex predator of the ancient world.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hitler didn’t need to look as far back as the Romans for inspiration for the use of the swastika,
    112 Squadron of the RAF had swastikas on some of their Sopwith Camels. Swastikas also appeared on French, Latvian, Finnish, and American, war planes.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There was a Swastika Laundry in Dublin for years. Confirms that the Irish are a bit racist really.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

British government issued war savings coupon :

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1294/1277914828_b9eaa7f3b4.jpg

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nice one Ernie! 🙂

Well, you learn something new every day, eh?

Pogo
    Free Member

duckman – Member

Just to be pedantic, your dating is completely cocked up….
    I didn’t start getting pedantic pogo,But since we are

all I did was copy and paste something from somebody elses website, cool yer boots man!

I like that though Ernie. 🙂

duckman

Only kidding pogo,after all we are also debating debt collecting swans.

Viewing 27 posts - 241 through 267 (of 267 total)

The topic ‘Christian Hotel Ruling’ is closed to new replies.