Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • kirroughtree… whats shut?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

The black is noted as shut on the 7stanes site, but where is it shut from?

Cheers

Scott

SOAP
    Free Member

Go see the girls in the shop, buy a map and they will show you how to ride 85% of the black.
    Was there 2 weeks ago.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Did they say when it would be fully open??

mick_r

Well in the middle of June, the 7 Stanes website said black shut for 2 weeks……

Trekster

https://www.facebook.com/7stanesMountainBiking

7stanes Mountain Biking

Wait for it……Kirroughtree Black is OPEN with a diversion from post 67 to 70,this is due to Harvesting operations.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

We’re going in October, I spoke to a nice lady on the 7 Stanes phone number and she said that at a meeting on Monday it was confirmed it will be open before October, so it should be in a couple of weeks for sure.

mick_r

Cheers Trekster.

I’m guessing that is the last black section just after re-crossing the road until rejoining the red (as that was the bit with most felling work etc).

Northwind

67 is the start of Hansel and Gretel, 70 is the end of Hissing Sid. So it’s still a fair sized diversion, basically all the black after the end of Talnotry Hill. But a big improvement!

prawny

So still pretty much all of the good bits then.

At least talnotry is open again, can’t wait to ride that again. Shame the park is so much worse at the new visitor centre, I could’ve convinced the to let me ride it while the kids played there before. Don’t think the new one would entertain then for 2 hours

SOAP
    Free Member

We rode till you can see the lake on the right then just as the trail heads down and away from the lake climb down the bank to the fire road.
    Picking up the Glentrool big country route and rejoin at post 69 and the start of hissing Sid.

mick_r

They’ve done a nice job of the new centre but must admit my kids miss the old playground – probably because they’ve spent a rather large chunk of their life on it 🙂 Quite weird to think we’ve gone from shepherding toddlers up the slide, to them now riding mutiple laps of red.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘kirroughtree… whats shut?’ is closed to new replies.