Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • kippers
  • HansRey

i've got some kippers (from morrisons) in the freezer. Do i grill them or boil them? Apparently i could do both.

My dad usually gets them from Fortunes, which aren't bagged, so he always grills.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Grill or bake – you can only boil them if they are boil in the bag.

mollyiom
    Free Member

BBQ is best failing that gril them but only if there Manx kippers. if there not Manx kippers just bin them. 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

achiltibue kippers are the best!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Manx all the way. Everything else Is just pretending

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Loch fyne are not bad as well

HansRey

they're in a bag so i'm not expecting great things. Good,i thought boiled would be atrocious. And, if you're after good kippers, it's Fortunes of Whitby. Them two fat ladies know their food!

dab

Smokies is where it's at

Hot smoked haddock …. yuummmy

igmc

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

+1 for a Whitby kipper!

But a Spink's Smokie is a treat as well!

lister

Sorry all, Craster is the ONLY place it's worth getting kippers from.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

wrap them in brown paper and microwave for one minute for the juiciest kipper you've ever eaten

Freezer.. WTF! they're salted and smoked to preserve them, why would you need to freeze a kipper.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Sorry all, Craster is the ONLY place it's worth getting kippers from.
    Absolutely, most utterly, without doubt & unequivocably (or however you spell it), the truest words EVER spoken on here!

HansRey

freezer, cos they are cheapo morrisons crud! Why they were in the frozen aisles i have no idea, but at that price it was worth the gamble. I stand by my original gambit of Fortunes Kippers in the hope that they see this thread and send me some freebies!!!!!

Pembo
    Free Member

+1 for Craster. Me and mrs Pembo have just had some. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes, wholemeal toast, real butter, fresh coffee – done.

Mail order from here

eth3er
    Free Member

First time I had kippers today (boil in a bag types), lots of tiny bones, I couldn’t pick ’em all. Am I going to die now? They were really nice though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘kippers’ is closed to new replies.