Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kids winter clothing – 2nd hand?
  • andydt82

Hi, we’re off to Finland in January for a cross country ski trip with our 3.5 year old. We’ve done plenty of winter trips before, but need to get some warm clothing for the little one; specifically a down jacket. As he probably won’t get more than 1 season out of it, I’m thinking that 2nd hand would be the best bet, rather than spend a fortune or get some cheap junk, but struggling to find anything. Any suggestions?

funkmasterp

Facebook – If you’re picky you can get some great clothes for kids. We’ve pretty much bought nothing new for our two year old for about a year. Everything Mrs F gets from the local groups is pretty much immaculate.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i have a 7 year old and a 4 year old here in northern sweden. PM me and i’m sure i have something in exchange for a charity donation

johndoh
    Free Member

As above – Facebook groups and the like. We have just got an immaculate North Face waterproof + zip in down jacket for £10 for one of our 10 yr olds.

stevextc
    Free Member

I’ve got a TNF McMurdo say’s size 6… I keep meaning to put on eBay… meant to sell last year but it never got cold enough…

andy8442
    Free Member

Get yourself to Decathlon for their full ski suit. Their thermals and fleece underneath, will do and not a fortune.

natrix
    Free Member

I’ll second that, the Decathlon kids stuff is great value for money.

Incidentally how are you going XC skiing with a 3 year old? Are you going to tow them in a sledge?

It was bitchin’ cold when I went XC skiing in Levi, Finland a few years back, but some incredible scenery.

andydt82

Cheers all, will keep an eye out on Facebook. Already have decathlon ski suit & thermals, so ok if it’s not too extreme.

@howsyourdad1
    , thanks but postage from Sweden to UK might be a pain.

@natrix
    , we hired a pulk when we took him to Norway a couple of years ago, so might do that again for a few days, plus tag team and day care.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kids winter clothing – 2nd hand?’ is closed to new replies.