Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kids hands and feet ……
  • daviek

Bit of a odd first post but you’ve got to start somewhere!

Finally got my daughter out to the local hills but in the panic to get her out the door before she changed her mind I never noticed what she had stuck on her feet 🙄 although I made sure she had her gloves.

Now for the problems …. She has a good pair of sealskinz gloves which are cozy but she complained that she struggled to change gears with all the padding. Secondly were the shoes……. her new trainers got absolutly soaked through to the point that after one quick lap she was all for going home until i donated my socks to the cause so she would keep going! and she did for about another 30 minutes and the first thing she said when back in the car was ” Can we come back next weekend??” 😀

So how do you keep the kids feet dry on wet days? and I’m looking at different gloves for her but although she’s about to turn 8 shes tiny and like a stick.

any advice appreciated

Cheers

Davie

Junkyard
    Free Member

sealskins though I use aldi equivalents

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Plastic bags on the feet.

ads678

Waterproof walking boots.

My kids have karrimor ones from sportsdirect.

mattyfez

Gloves are definitely fit dependant and dexterity dependant.
    I went with a pair of endura strike gloves for about 28 quid,after trying a bunch on.. not as warm as ski gloves or mits and not the most waterproof but very good dexterity.. It’s a trade off..

Shoes are much the same.. I buy a £30 pair of ‘water proof’ karrimor (or similar) walking shoes once a year, if they don’t get destroyed then they go another year.

matt_outandabout

Waterproof Walking boots here.
    Ski gloves and man up about lack of dexterity. Spare gloves, buffs and socks carried.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

my boys used these in the winter at that age – i’m sure i got them in a sale somewhere for a lot less than this polaris hoolie

and although i don’t recommend decathlon as much as used to these are still worth a trip – bargain, which is especially good when you know they are going to be covered in mud a lot of the time

waterproof hiking shoes

daviek

Thanks for the replies!

I was looking at the Karrimor walking boots so might take her in for a look at the weekend.
    I was having a look at the kids Giro DND gloves but they are a little big for her even in XS, might just look locally for something with a bit more fell to them.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Sealskinz waterproof socks… they do small sizes and in different thicknesses. Proper waterproof shoes are expensive and they will not fit for long, but Sealskinz with normal shoes will keep you warm and dry.

Gloves: my son had some great Altura ones when he was little, and I think his last pair were Polaris. I think GripGrab do very small sizes – my lad’s now got a dhb pair but I’m not sure they will do ones small enough for you.

jonathan
    Free Member

Gloves – we’ve used some warm Polaris ones, or ski gloves/mits if it’s horrible. Eldest is now on XS 661 Storms – great for warmth and feel/dexterity, but suspect they’d be too big for you.

Feet: went from kids walking boots (youngest still on these). but eldest went to SPDs quite early so into small women’s winter boots.

We’ve had great use out of some Keen kid’s boots. Waterproof, but also a good sole for riding and not too restrictive around the ankle. Worth it if you can find them on offer somewhere.

JAG

Plastic bags on the feet…

^^^ This works very well and is cheap 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Just got LittleMissMC some Decathlon kiddies winter gloves, but not been cold enough to use in anger yet.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kids hands and feet ……’ is closed to new replies.