Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Kidney stones
  • billytinkle
    Free Member

Little trip to A&E this morning following the most painful experience of my life.

Lasted around 30 mins in total agony – uncontrolled breathing, sweating and shaking. Then, nearly as quickly as it started it was gone – just as the ambulance turned up as it happens! Queue sheepish embarrassment.

Anyway, no scan at hospital, just told to drink more. My biggest fear now is the pain returning, it was quite an experience! I’ve felt fine, if a little nervous since 5am now. Is it over? Or more to come?

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I feel for you. I had one the size of a £2 coin. I suffered the same as you, where the stone had blocked a tube. So depends on whether you have tiny little stones to flush through or one big one.

Mine was so big I had to have a stent fitted which is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever had, and the. They broke it up by sonic booms! Then I just passed it. However when I had the stent removed I ended up in a&he again!

Good luck

allthepies
    Free Member

Wait til you have to pass it though the old chap 🙂

Drac

Yup nasty gits. I produce them regular and get niggles every now and then but I will never forget the pain from the full blown one. 😥

busydog
    Free Member

Had them twice and as above, the pain is unbelievable–as soon as it passes, the pain stops immediately. The second time the doc had me peeing into a fine sieve to try and catch it when it passed, which I did. It was amazing how much agony such a tiny bit of stone can cause, but under a magnifying glass it was covered with sharp, jagged edges all around. Both times the docs told me they thought it was due to not staying hydrated enough when riding.

Pigface
    Free Member

Mine got stuck so they went and got it 😯 i will spare you the details but way more painful than shattering my femur.

dont worry it will pass………maybe 😆

Drac

Mine got stuck so they went and got it i will spare you the details but way more painful than shattering my femur.

Ah the good old funnel. Thankfully I passed mine.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I had one the size of a £2 coin.

No. Surely not… like the size of a golf ball? I’m surprised your nob didn’t explode.

*drinks 12 pints of water*

qwerty
    Free Member

Put some analgesia up your, err, anus (diclofenac).

j450n
    Free Member

Drink plenty of Lilt, it dissolves them.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Sounds like its made its way down your ureter into your bladder so you now have the pleasure of waiting for it to finish its journey which hopefully won’t be as painful. I had a stone about 20 years ago and can still remember the pain- I thought something had burst inside me. They say its the closest a man can experience to the pain of childbirth. Good luck.

Drac

I thought something had burst inside me. They say its the closest a man can experience to the pain of childbirth.

Ask any woman who has gone through both and they’ll tell you they’d rather have another kid.

kazafaza
    Free Member

After passing out from the initial pain, when the pebbles went down the hose I thought I’ll be able to squirt like this:

trevh
    Free Member

I’m 51 now happened to me 30. Years ago down to dehydration following a lot of stress with a death in family and training for my belt in karate. In hospital for 3 days solid morphine helped eventually passed was like peeing red hot razor blades makes eyes water even now when I think about it .

z1ppy

Keep hydrated (watch your pee colour) , I’ve had a couple, though going by this & past threads sound like very small stones (passed without intervention) bloody painful

j450n – Member
    Drink plenty of Lilt, it dissolves them

Eh? Do what?

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

‘Passed’ one out of the blue at work. Very painful. Also scared the bejeezus out of the poor sod using the neighbouring urinal.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ask any woman who has gone through both and they’ll tell you they’d rather have another kid.

That is exactly what the sisrer on my renal ward said 😆

Dont know if they used a funnel, I had an epidural so didnt feel a thing, I will say that I never thought any part of my anatomy could be so swollen 😆

Taking the catheter out was a hoot as well 😯 Nurse said to me she was going to pull it out on the count of three, whoosh straigt out no counting at all. What happened to three I gasped, she just replied I would of tensed up and it would of been way worse.

Drac

Funnel was the wrong word.

Pigface
    Free Member

😯 thats the thing 😆 😆 😆

cheers_drive

I had one 15 years ago; woke up in the middle of the night feeling as if Jonny Wilkinson had just dropped kicked my bollocks, went to the loo to throw up and then lay on the floor in the fetal position. Passed it after about an hour of excruciating pain, then had a bad kidney infection for 2 weeks.
    If I ever get bollock or groin pain now the dread that it’s another kidney stone.

MrOvershoot

I’m now sweating at the memory of passing 6 over a 2 month period!

Not massive ones (about the size of a large lentil) but holy shite while they crash down the kidneys the pain is like having someone Dremel your insides while standing on your plums 😮

The ward sister I spoke to said she had had 5 kids and kidney stones once, her quote “give me childbirth any time”

Ever since then I have kept very well hydrated

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Kidney stones’ is closed to new replies.