• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kudos.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kickstarter "Inner Drive System" bike
  • marthall
    Free Member

Nuseti

They want £500,000 funding for a £2,145 frame 😯

(They currently have £499,870 to go….)

andyl
    Free Member

I quite like that.

Bit of a gamble though as what is the drivetrain is great but the geometry/ride rubbish?

also bit worried about their max torque, is that after a reserve factor to take into account sudden shocks over rough terrain etc?

remoterob
    Free Member

My sealed bearing bottom bracket rarely seems to stay sealed for long, god knows what kind of mess I’d find in a gearbox. Doesn’t seem overpriced for a carbon frame and a lot of the drive train. Think it’s foolish to promote an XC style hardtail without mentioning the weight however.

timmys

Complete bike estimated weight – 10.7kg / 23.58lbs

Frameset estimated weight – 4.3kg / 9.48lbs

remoterob
    Free Member

Ah, I’m the foolish one. Must have zoned out during the endless variations of frame/kit/build.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

The weight is crap and the torque limit is too low.

aracer
    Free Member

Did they use Xtranormal for the voiceover on that video?

thepodge
    Free Member

I like the idea of another gearbox on the market but I don’t like it in that frame

Also why are so many of these kickstarter things so poorly thought out, they clearly aren’t going to get half a million, just work out the minimum you need to get the main product to market and work on that,not 30 different clothing options

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The weight is crap and the torque limit is too low.

Not that low, exactly the same as Pinion infact, it’s 1.5x my bodyweight all on the foreward crank at 3o’clock, and I’m a fatty!

Northwind

It’s quite clever though, a natural extension of things that are already being done. The frame weight presumably includes all the other stuff like the hub, chain, cranks, maybe even the shifter? So not as high as it looks at first glance. And also removes any need for a front mech, cassette etc. All in all, I like it, I’m not going to buy it.

I can see why you’re worried about the torque limit though- you’re thinking of fitting an engine, right? As long as you stick with petrol it’ll probably be fine.

neilwheel
    Free Member

It is interesting but I now have more questions than answers, and their website is just a cover page with a link back to the kickstarter site.

kudos
    Free Member

“You named it after Iain Duncan Smith… And for that reason, Aahm oot.”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kickstarter "Inner Drive System" bike’ is closed to new replies.