• This topic has 280 replies, 92 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Alek.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 281 total)
  • K100 updates?
  • Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

FBJ – Where you get stopped on the singletrack for the people coming down the hill (near the cattle grid / water stop), then you cross the track & keep right & do a 10 mile loop or so, then head back down the hill, over the cattle grid & then turn left???…

Drac

Glad we did as I woke up in my own bed Sunday and had the whole day to relax and eat

And meant you missed the free beer which was more for me. 😀

senorj

..blue shirt who helped me out of Newcastleton to name a few.

/wave

"Thanks it was a pleasure "

nice one.

J.

fatboyjon

Yes W-D, sounds like we're in the same place; down the fire road, turn left round a singletrack loop, left out onto the fireroad again, right up the hill around the loop and back to the same fire road again.

Was you cheetin or wot innit?

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

No I didn't. Do you mean where the trail was just 2 tyre tracks with some nice puddles in it, then more fireroad then you turn right & climb so more the you are back on to the fire road. I you can see from my description, I deffo rode it. Please don't call me a cheat. 👿

joolzed
    Free Member

Pics are being uploaded:

Montane Kielder 100 Images

Loads more to come from Mr.Joolze & Steve M…..

Drac

Sweet nice one Joolz.

Oh and I suppose Steve.

Drac

Some top photos there Joolz and loving Famous Dave's B+W shots.

You know I think I'm starting to get the hang of photography then I see a Pros work and realise I have a long way to go.

miketually
    Free Member

Proof that I made it to the podium, if only for being NFL: http://joolzedymond.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=113838

Shandy
    Free Member

Somebody passed me in the opposite direction shortly after the first visit to the crazy cadet's water station. I presumed he had completed that section and then accidentally been redirected round it again, and had to double back.

Everyone had their work cut out at that station, they had to manage the trails crossing and it all got quite difficult because there seemed to be riders arriving from all directions in a bit of a blind panic which made it difficult for the marshals.

I was listening to a Shuffle for a lot of the race which worked well. Unfortunately it let me down by producing "A Whiter Shade of Pale" when I was buckled over my bars struggling to stay upright on the last climb. 😆

Drac
    dustdevil
    Free Member

Does anyone know if a list of the SS riders will be published?

dustdevil
    Free Member

Great pics Joolze, cheers and apologies to no 54.I forgot there was no passing on the boardwalk…..tut tut:)

Clink

Does anyone know if a list of the SS riders will be published?

I think I must have missed signing on as ss 😳 presume it was at registration?

miketually
    Free Member

I think I must have missed signing on as ss presume it was at registration?

There was a SS? column on the sign in sheet. If you contact the results people, they might be able to modify it?

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

I finished in 12-13 for 224th. Had a really bad patch between 30 and about 45miles then got going again, loved the boardwalk (after that orrible climb) and the Newcastleton s/track until I face planted!
    struggled badly last 15 miles but got there in one piece, not bad for an old gimmer 😛
    I'm on holiday in motorhome for a week now so only just got to a spot with signal for laptop, hence delay. Great, well organised event with excellent marshalls (including my Mrs). Off to look at some pics now.

PS Legs not too bad, had a saunter around blue at Glentress today and plan a ride around red in the morning.

martyc
    Free Member

Well i finished my first off road 100. Not in style thou. 😐 Got round in 13.03. A big shout out to all that helped, esp all the marshalls who fibbed about the distance left or course profile 😯 Midges were too savage for me so i didn't hang around for the free beer or food 😉 more for you lot who stopped over. and just on the off chance i was wondering if there is any proviso for lost property. i know its a long shot but i lost my glasses about mile 25 i think. just after a steep decent then over a narrow ditch plank. specialized chicane in black. fingers are crossed.

niloC
    Free Member

Diane – Member
    I feel dreadful i was the marshall telling you all that it was only a coule of miles to go and mostly downhill but that's what i'd been told!

If i'd have known i was to be last marshall i'd have ridden it to let you know as i know how important that info can be.

Don't worry Diane, I was the next marshal along from you at the last point and lots of riders were cursing the short climb when they came off one section of the Lonesome pine singletrack to the last section of singletrack, none of them believed me when I told them this was the last bit down to the finish! I even challenged a few to come back and tell me I was right!! 😈 none did though!

samuri
    Free Member

Diane – Member
    I feel dreadful i was the marshall telling you all that it was only a coule of miles to go and mostly downhill but that's what i'd been told!

If i'd have known i was to be last marshall i'd have ridden it to let you know as i know how important that info can be.

Don't worry. Although I was cursing you for a while, you gave me enough of a moral boost by letting me believe it was all easy to get me through it. 😉

PaleAle
    Free Member

Alek – Rider 327 is here! Big thanks to you for getting me through the last few miles. No way was it six and a half from the bridge! Pleased that they gave us the same position – that felt right.

Sorry if I was not too communicative at the end – but I was done in. I was pleased with a time of 10.38, but when I saw that we had come 100th I was well chuffed.

Brilliant event run by people who could not have been more helpful, and a great setting, but really made by the riders who were, to a (wo)man, mutually supportive. As many of the comments on here testify.

I was describing the event to somebody at work this morning (of course they did not understand) and found myself telling them about the pain and the horrible, rocky trail to the border and the midges… and then starting to talk about next time. Next time?!? If I don't mess about at the feed stops, don't dawdle at the start and get a bit fitter ten hours could be beaten. Couldn't it?

Alek
    Free Member

Nice one PaleAle………feelings mutual. Well chuffed at 100= very fitting I thought to myself.

I too was drained and starving then split to get a shower. I'm usually very talkative but had nothing left 😐 looking back it was a good feeling as I knew I had given it my all and a little more.

Hopefully our paths will cross again sometime. Until then, cheers mate, couldn't have finished without ya.

ilikebikes
    Free Member

Me and my brother were marshalling at the 93.5m point – bridge area/entrance to the red trail(me) in the afternoon, it was great to be able to clap you all through and see the state that a lot of you were in compared to the morning when you started, genuine respect for doing it.

I also have a lot of respect for marshalls having now done it! It's hard work (not nearly as hard as riding the K100, don't get me wrong) we were out 14 hours from 5.30am, but overall a very enjoyable time (midges very much excluded)and most of the riders were really appreciative 🙂

I thought Sarah ran the whole thing brilliantly, and Forestry guys were great.

Drac

More photos have been added on Joolze's site.

http://joolzedymond.com/joolzeD/Kielder100-10.html

Stu

Alek – you talked a lot of mince to me – but not on the course! 😉 You were definately a bit more efficent at the food stops too!

Happy to have finished, 10 hours 41 mins, not sure I could face it again, some of the singletrack sections could be used as a form of torture (and that was on a fuss sus!)

Annoyingly I keep thinking about how to get under 10 hours though. Will see how I feel about it in a couple of months. Have to say thanks to all the amazing marshals, particularly given the midges! As has been said the organisation was superb and a burger and a pint has to be the best way to finish a race!

Just got to recover for the Tour de Ben Nevis now! 😯

Drac

If the surface at Newcastleton is horrible raise your voice with the FC as it's a common complaint but apparently someone has their fingers in their ears and shouting la la la la.

ac282

Newcastlton seemed fine to me.

Some of the Kielder stuff away from the deadwater sections seemed pretty rough.

It just looked like they hardly get ridden.

I was up there in August and rode over to newcastleton and back. I didn't see anyone between the leaving the lakeside way and starting the Newcastleton trial.

Stu

Newcastleton was fine, apart from the few bits they had quickly repaired after logging. It was the rough, sandy, energy sapping climbs round Kielder I'm talking about. Oh and while I'm on a roll whats with the random piles of rock on the trail after the boardwalk on the bloody bush trail? I take it they are supposed to be jumps?!

Drac

May be there then told can't remember details like that but can put 100s of riders to bikes from the weekend. 😥

JohnOne72
    Free Member

I know it's a bit late, but now I have recovered and going to ride the bike again tonight. Had a great day enjoyed the course surface was rough in places on some sections but it was a mountain bike race after all. Great event well organised and a big thank you to all the marshals for their supports along the way.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Hello to Senor J, enjoyed riding with you for the few miles wish i'd kept going with you after foodstop at 48 miles, the next miles to checkpoint one where slow and lonely 😕 did it though in 12:29 pleased with that as it was my second ever race, think if i'd had more experience i wouldn't have stopped for so long at each fod stop at maybe would have made it under 12hrs, but there's always next year and i will be back it was a great day out.

senorj

Trusslebabes – Like wise – we had a good crack. Glad you got round ok .
    next year you'll be showing your mate who was ill how to do it!

J.

Anthony
    Free Member

Amen to that 😉

rockitman

I failed. Made it to the 55 mile mark but was 45mins down. Could have got there quicker but realised at the 47 mile mark that I wasn't going to make it so I slowed even more.

Simply not fit enough to do this. Was going OK to the first feed station then the terrain changed and I just couldn't keep the pace above 8mph. I now realise I stopped too many times…

Learnt a lot though – and will be back next year for more.

Well done to all who finished. I've done a couple of 24 solos this year and this was far tougher

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I was talking to my mate Paul at the finish and we both vowed "never again", but then I got to thinking that I said exactly the same last year. Even now, only three days after the event, I'm thinking about what I need to do to get my time under 10 hours…

I reckon I spent around 30 minutes dithering at food stops, watching riders I'd overtaken come through, grab a few munchies and head straight on.

So I need to find another 35 minutes purely through being faster on the bike (all other things being equal).

Better get on the road bike…

johnduke
    Free Member

does anyone know if there were any other photographers at the event who have pictures online? Joolze does an amazing job to get everyone but unfortunately the ones of me both look pretty uninspiring and I'm pulling stupid faces. I'm sure I saw other photographers on the way round.

Amazing event, definitely the best thing of this sort I've ever done.

Drac

There was 3 official Photographers, Joolze, Mr Joolze and Joolze's bitch. There all on her site, you may have some luck with spectators though.

joolzed
    Free Member

Joolze's bitch..LOL…
    Sorry I got you mid gurn John Duke:0(

warton
    Free Member

was oliver coats about?

if he was his pics will be here at some point

stevemakin

Oi !

Drac

😆

Sorry couldn't help it.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 281 total)

The topic ‘K100 updates?’ is closed to new replies.