Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • What's the full suspension equivalent of a 456?
  • thepodge
    Free Member

The Orange 5 is surely the FS equivalent of a 456, eh?

made from industrial scrap and over hyped?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

But in answer to the original question: The Orange 5 is surely the FS equivalent of a 456, eh?

No. Too expensive. 🙂

456 = Cheap, UK bike, tougher tham most, long-ish travel fork.

So the FS version HAS TO BE a Pipedeam Torrero

Or if the 'UK' tag isn't important, then it's a Pitch or (If you fancy something lighter) an FSR XC.

It's all very well going on about Orange, Santa Cruz and Yeti etc, but they're not 456 equivilents in more ways than one! 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

a Five frame, shock and regular seatpost, along with many other 140mm FS frames is lighter than that.

Ok, accepted. My point is that the issue is a sore arse and not being able to sit down. The Thudbuster will solve that for a small (considering the OP is obviously not a weight weenie otherwise he wouldn't have a 456) weight penalty including his wallet which will be approx. £900 heavier 😉

vinnyeh

I'd give it to a Trance/ Trance X.
    Over engineered, especially the early version, pretty much bulletproof, capable of taking a spread of forks without destroying the handling so you can change the focus of the bike easily, but most of all, a lot cheaper than the 5, especially if you buy one of the runout models that always seem to be floating round.

chakaping
    Free Member

It's not about the price or whether it's made of gas pipes though, it's just the default answer for the serious, no-nonsense (probably northern) MTBer.

If talking about price, the Boardman looks a good shout though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How about not falling off the 456 as much

Says you Mr. NoFootedSuicideToTree :p

Change your tyres to 2.20 and run them with 40 to 45lb of pressure.

2.35 or 2.4's run at 25-35 psi,

I'll try and blag a test ride on a trance-x and see what I think, otherwise I'm thinking the 456 frame might be being stripped, buy a pitch and keep enough bits to build 1 bike and swap the frames over when the mud comes back….

grumm
    Free Member

Another vote for the Trance X

rob2
    Free Member

surely a hemlock? Versatile quite cheap and the new rear end is stiff as. love mine.

cp

yeah, I bought my Hemlock on the basis of being similar in principle to the 456, but with rear susp.

and it's ace.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone ride a 18" 456 and a pitch?

Which size pitch? the medium is more like an on one 16" (which i've ridden and was too small) and the large I've test ridden (as the old enduro sl) and was huge?

I'm on a 18" 456 with a 60mm stem and 760mm bars at the emoment

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘What's the full suspension equivalent of a 456?’ is closed to new replies.